13 Fishing Concept A

Sgo1986

image.jpeg Seen a lot on line about these reels. Finally saw one in person at Academy. Decided I had to have it. Hopefully it's as solid as they say they are!

Sgo1986

Def gunna use it at the wall, but I found them on the fish finder and I was casting spoons into a school. This reel is going to to be awesome for chasing reds. I'll tie on a Carolina rig with it and catch some blues with it too lol.

TuN3R

Administrator
Staff member
Def gunna use it at the wall, but I found them on the fish finder and I was casting spoons into a school. This reel is going to to be awesome for chasing reds. I'll tie on a Carolina rig with it and catch some blues with it too lol.
I saw that reel at academy as well looked nice ...when you start fishing it do write some reviews on it. Would def like to add one for some whites or striper fishing at canyon .

Sgo1986

It's a bait caster reel.. It's just extremely well made, adjusting braking system, 22lbs of drag. I caught a 35" red with it. Very smooth, easy to adjust, casting 3/4oz spoons casting into the wind with no problem. Great reel for the money!

MJ21

How much does the reel cost? What's the line capacity? What did you pair it with? I know, lot's of questions, just curious with your setup

Sgo1986

The reel cost 169.99.. I've been thoroughly impressed and could compare it with any 200$ reels. Before I bought it multiple ppl told me it'll put curados to shame. As far as line capacity, it only says 12lb-100yards. The max drag is 22lbs of drag. It has a manual braking system. Not the magnets. There's a dial inside the reel you just pick the number of brakes you want to use. I pick 1 lol. I always use 12lb mono and 100 yards seems like enough for me. I put it on a 7" MH Berkley Emotion Carbon Fiber rod. The reel is obly 6.4oz (I think) so it's extremely light on this carbon fiber rod. The only fish I've caught with it was a 35" red and it handled it perfectly. Drag doesn't pull out all jerky and i felt like I was in total control. Great reel for the money!

TuN3R

Administrator
Staff member
^ That pricetag was only thing keeping me away from that reel but i would def like to add that to my collection one day .

MJ21

I will have to add it to my arsenal at some point. I catch myself not utilizing my Abu Garcia Revo Toro as often as I would like. I need to pair it with a new rod and start using it more.

Sgo1986

I have 4 bait casters in my boat most of the time with different color spoons.. But since I got this reel, I just re tie a new lure on to it lol.

WD40

I've had the same Zebco 808 on my bowfishing rig since 1994.

Of course it only has about 30 yards of 200# FastFlight bowstring on it, so I can't cast very far, but it always retrieves well. :crazy:

Jason W

LOL. Don't worry, I'm not hating. I'll use a tin can or a cane pole. That being said, a nice rig saves a lot of frustrations. Especially, as much as you get out on the water.

Sgo1986

LOL. Don't worry, I'm not hating. I'll use a tin can or a cane pole. That being said, a nice rig saves a lot of frustrations. Especially, as much as you get out on the water.
That's exactly my thinking lol.. I'll save a little longer and get something that won't let me down.. And so far this reel has been great!!

KEVIN VAN ALEN

Stren was one of first high end lines , was invented and produced by DuPont for years. Used to order bulk from B.A.S.S. shop that Ray Scott had called the Outhouse to compete with Bass Pro Shops.Used to buy the small spools at Texas Liquor Store in Central Park Mall, thats really going back. Still a great line, only bad experiance I had was with their fluo
rocarbon version.

Just want to throw my $.02 in. I picked up one of these reels recently from amazon, same one as in pictured in OP, and I have been astounded by it. By far my favorite reel I own, have it paired with a daiwa 7'2 MH Tatula, LOVE IT. I couldn't get this thing to bird nest if I wanted it to :D