2018 White Bass run

KMHendu

Anyone on here already fishing the run? I’m going to fish the Canyon Lake/Guad run but would also like to hit 99 bridge. I know the water is pretty low down there but I’ve seen pics of people catching em there already. I’m not dragging the boat down there, would shore and wade fish. Was thinking about going this Saturday.

KMHendu, things should be starting to get good out there any day now. Hey, if you want, hit me up and let's fish. I have a few places we can hit up some nice white bass and crappie. :)

Sgo1986

The Nueces has been really good.. I’ve been catching tons of whites on the main lake at canyon on top water. Females are full of eggs as of last week. I haven’t fished the 99 bridge yet. We should have 2 full months of good fishing to go!

MJ21

So when you say 2 months, you roughly mean until end of March, give or take a couple of weeks? I should be back in San Antonio for good when I retire mid-March.

Sgo1986

End of March-April can be good. I’ll be on the main lake on Canyon catching them on main lake points. Still plenty of fish in rivers as well. You should be good to go!

Sgo1986

Haven’t used that ramp. Been catching all my fish in the main lake using ramp 23. The fish aren’t up the river yet. A few might be, but I’m catching 50-100 whites on top water in the main lake.

Sgo1986

It’s gotta get to those temps in the main lake to make them run. They are at the mouth of the river feasting. They should be up there soon!