Any Interest in Ugly Stick Tiger Rods?

I can get these and would sell them cheaper than Academy does. 1 piece, 2 piece, spinning, or baitcast. If there is enough interest, I will get them. 1 piece will likely be local pick up only because of the shipping limitations.

DrErk

I'm soon to be in the market. Considering going with a pro angler rod or two, but depending on the price you can offer, I may be swayed to buy an ugly stik...

TuN3R

Administrator
Staff member
@parttime I hope one of these days you can manage to stock those PA rods too i have seen great number of interest over these rods around san antonio area.

TuNER, I would love to stock the Pro Angler rods, but there is a source in SA and I do not want to step on any toes. Also, it appears to me that they do not offer a real "vendor" price, so there is really no profit to be made on them. I would love to sell them, but I have to make some profit.
On the Ugly Tiger rods, Academy sells them for $59.99, I could sell them for less than that, but not the same price as the Pro Anglers. I would have to price them around $55 each.
Depending on the distributor, there is always a minimum order price, typically its $100-$200, so if I get a commentment for 4 rods, I can order them at anytime. This also goes for most other rods or reels.

TuN3R

Administrator
Staff member
Ye i totally understand your point ! You should look into some good rods 10-12fters surf fishing rods since lot of people bank fish lakes around here probably you can find good market for em which can be used both freshwater/saltwater.

I can get M/H Okuma Tundra spinning surf rods in 10-15 foot, they are 2 piece rods. Prices would start in the low $30s.
I can also get the Ugly Stick Big water in 9-12ft, but they run $15-20 more than the Okumas.

DrErk

@prideincatfishing mentioned the deal he can get you on the Abu Garcia C3s in another post. I'm a fan of AG, so if I needed a few reels immediately, that's what I'd be looking for. His price was pretty damn good too.

I am considering getting two new large baitcast reels to replace my three used ones I have acquired from ebay and craigslist. The options I am considering are the Abu Garcia Record, Pro Rocket, or C3 or C4 if I want to save a few dollars over the first two options.

I ordered a couple of 4600C4s from ffo-tackle this week and they should be here Monday. The pair was $120 (they are last year's model.) If I do not like them I think I can get out of them on Craigslist or Ebay for little to no loss. I wanted to try the thumb bar placement of the C4 and see how I like it compared to my older Abu Garcia round reels.

I was and still am a big fan of Abu reels own 6 or 7 of them but after using shimano reels I will never go back also I have two pro rockets and IMO they aren't worth the extra $s I also have a record and unless u are into distance casting they are not worth the money for fishing the regular c3 is a work horse and can get very good distance if u take the brakes out of the inside of them