Anybody out there?

They likely went to other sites involving fishing in Texas. You click on the link for 6 months (I am guessing the time that the site was down), and you get no web page, or even an explanation. The folks will likely come back. If the Moderator has the email addresses of all former members of the site, can you send out a mass email "We are back online" ? and see what happens?

I wasn't able to access this site a while back, so I started going back to the Austin Bass Fishing website. Not too many members on this site to begin with.

jr99

Yeah I stopped a while back due to the issues, and happened to come across it today. Hopefully It becomes active again here.

Been pretty slow of late.
I just stumbled upon this site today and have enjoyed reading many of the posts. I look forward to see what this area has to offer, fishing wise that is....I moved here from El Paso about 10 months ago and have been fishing Canyon lake exclusively for no other reason than not knowing anywhere else to go locally. I have been fishing at crane mills landing and have done quite well considering the little time i put into it. Minnows using a carolina rig has caught about every species that lake has to offer with the exception of bluegill. I will keep posting.....thx.

WD40

Welcome to the forum Shon.

Unfortunately, there hasn't been a whole lot of activity on here of late. Not sure what the deal might be, but I hope you can find some good info.

I've only fished Canyon a few times, and honestly haven't done that well. Don't know the lake and/or the best techniques to use, but would really like to change that.

Have you tried Calaveras or Brauning lakes yet? Lots of reds and cats get pulled out of Calaveras, and quite a few reds out of Brauning. Brauning seems to have more hybrid stripers from what I've seen. I still haven't caught a real striper yet, but I hope to fix that once I learn Canyon a bit better.

Again, welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay here.

Welcome to the forum Shon.

Unfortunately, there hasn't been a whole lot of activity on here of late. Not sure what the deal might be, but I hope you can find some good info.

I've only fished Canyon a few times, and honestly haven't done that well. Don't know the lake and/or the best techniques to use, but would really like to change that.

Have you tried Calaveras or Brauning lakes yet? Lots of reds and cats get pulled out of Calaveras, and quite a few reds out of Brauning. Brauning seems to have more hybrid stripers from what I've seen. I still haven't caught a real striper yet, but I hope to fix that once I learn Canyon a bit better.

Again, welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay here.
Thank you! I sold my center console fishing boat before moving out here......big mistake....so I've been fishing from my yak or paddle boat. If you go to the crane mills landing ramp you'll see a long stretch of sunken timber.....just outside of that timber is the main channel. I have caught several nice striper using minnows just between the timber and main channel. the fishing report said that perk minnows at daylight have been working well. I have also caught several nice blue cats there as well. I catch and release largemouth and that same area has produced multiple limits of keepers.....which i released there. Knock on wood but I have yet to be skunked there. Plenty of structure and close to the main channel! Weekends are a bad time to go though with all the boat traffic....people seem to lack common courtesy and try and capsize me in my dingy....haha. Give that area a shot some day?!
I am looking forward to trying out Braunig lake and am curruntly looking at maps to see where the yaks put in. Fishing report says that fishing is pretty good there right now.
I'll let you know how I did when I go.