anyone fished at Lakeside at canyon springs before?

Fargas

Its on the northside in a gated neighborhood. I have access there from a friend and want to know of its worth checking out. My buddy doesn't fish, so he's no help. Any advice would be appreciated,

Robert Medina

Its on the northside in a gated neighborhood. I have access there from a friend and want to know of its worth checking out. My buddy doesn't fish, so he's no help. Any advice would be appreciated,
Let me know if you need a tag along. I've always wondered about this area, definitely looks fishy, but the gate is always shut when I drive by. I literally live 5 minutes away from there.

One of my regular customers that works in real estate told me that the pond at Algarita Lakeside Apts. (formerly Lakeside Villas) off 410 and Ira Lee has a stocked pond as well. It is gated but she said to follow someone in or even buddy up with one of their tenants to gain access. Not sure how I feel about it though.

I have fished lakeside before in that gated neighborhood, but you might get run off by an old guy who doesn't want you to fish there even if you live there. If you want to risk it there are some pretty nice size bass down towards the end. Some guy used to stock the pond with his bass for awhile also!

We usually park at the golden chick and then walk down there and there is a small trail on the right that takes you to it. Its also not inside the gated neighborhood. Hope that helps

Jason W

I've pulled some nice bass out of there. It can definitely get hostile though. The "locals"
will run you off if you park in the hood.

Tried out Lakeside @ Canyon Springs. Just got this one in 2 hours. I had plenty of bites but they we're probably too small to take it. Parked at Golden Chick per your advice and walked down there. No residents really around, just kids fishing and playing with the ducks. Made for a decent afternoon

Attachments