Boat Building Workshop Program

Looks great Gary!! What's with the soda can?!?!? Didn't you learn anything in class? Boat building is much funner with beer! Well time to start pimping that thing out with some extras and yours will be ready for some fishing adventures in no time!

Our boat building class get International attention... :)

Below is a link to a very popular boat building site. They have daily articles written by and for boat builders. I came up with a way to kerf cut our framing logs to make them much easier to work with when building boats. I wrote the original designer of the boat the class is building to let him know of my new idea. He then took my emails and photos and made it a newsletter update on his site...PDracer.com.

Well I guess someone else saw it at his site and posted it as a topic to today's Duckworkmagazine.com "March Reports" (dated Feb 20th). This morning I'm reading the March reports and see my photo!! WTH!! In the one titled "PDracer Newsletter" under the picture there is a link in the blue letters that say "newsletter".

That link brings you to the original emails I sent to Shorty (the designer of the boat we are building) that in turn made into a newsletter for his site! Crazy how this stuff gets around...LOL :) But the great thing is that Duckworks has a very strong International following of hobby boat builders. Thousands read the daily articles. Like it or not, our class was highlighted through a tip I originally emailed to Shorty!!!

But the funny thing...I emailed Shorty thinking my kerf cuts were a boat building break through and I had no second thoughts about the clamps I use. Well it seems they could care less about my kerf cuts and were more interested in the stupid clamps I use!!!...LOL

Link...

http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/

Then go to today's article "March Reports" dated Feb 20th.

Then scroll down to "PDracer Newsletter".

Then under the picture in the first sentence there is "newsletter" in blue. Click on that to see the original newsletter update on the PDracer site (which was actually just photos and paragraph segments of several emails Shorty and I exchanged).

Saw the boat. Dude that is tight!
Do I see storage on the front deck?
I wish I didn't have to travel so much or I would sign up for you class. That is a great size for the back of the truck.
what does it weight by chance?

TuN3R

Administrator
Staff member
Saw the boat. Dude that is tight!
Do I see storage on the front deck?
I wish I didn't have to travel so much or I would sign up for you class. That is a great size for the back of the truck.
what does it weight by chance?
Around 30lb ... It's air box which is on front and back both which also can be used as storage . If you are interested we can build one as well . All we need from you is to cover for all the materials that will be used to build one .

Heck I was going to say the same as Tuner! We don't make a dime doing this, we just hope to teach a person how to build their own cool little fishing boat. But we do need to clean the shop...and bad! Come check it out!! We could use the help...wax on...wax off...LOL!!!

@Amy your boat is just fine. It's collecting dust, but not saw dust! And you right it is a very fine boat, which is good! That means Tuner and I will get top dollar when we sell it!!!...LOL!!! Just kidding! ;)