Boerne Lake Monster

Are you sure that pic is legit? I found that same pic on another site - posted on June 5th that says the gar was found 2 days prior which would've been June 3rd. I was at Boerne Lake on June 3rd and that pic doesn't even remotely resemble - for example, there were no swimmers at all when I left which was around noon . .so maybe they showed up later .. but I don't know . . . it also would be weird because, as far as I can tell, there are not alligator gar in Cibolo Creek . .just spotted and longnose gar. For example, the water body records for cibolo creek have no alligator gar and for bcl they have no gar at all . .so this would be extremely unusual to not only find a gar at all but a monster like that. But hey - stranger stuff has certainly happened.

It would be cool if there were a bunch of big alligator gar in BCL. I really want to catch one of those. Not on rod and reel, though . .too sissy. I plan to swim around with a bloody perch tied to each hand and sort of "top-water noodle" them.

TuN3R

Administrator
Staff member
Are you sure that pic is legit? I found that same pic on another site - posted on June 5th that says the gar was found 2 days prior which would've been June 3rd. I was at Boerne Lake on June 3rd and that pic doesn't even remotely resemble - for example, there were no swimmers at all when I left which was around noon . .so maybe they showed up later .. but I don't know . . . it also would be weird because, as far as I can tell, there are not alligator gar in Cibolo Creek . .just spotted and longnose gar. For example, the water body records for cibolo creek have no alligator gar and for bcl they have no gar at all . .so this would be extremely unusual to not only find a gar at all but a monster like that. But hey - stranger stuff has certainly happened.

It would be cool if there were a bunch of big alligator gar in BCL. I really want to catch one of those. Not on rod and reel, though . .too sissy. I plan to swim around with a bloody perch tied to each hand and sort of "top-water noodle" them.
Well this was posted on other site so i don't have much info but will see if i can get any info from TPWD regarding this picture tho if it's legit or not but you never know what's out there also if u check picture properly on background it's boerne lake .

I believed there were no whites/hybrids left out there but lately i have seen multiple legit picture/reports from boerne about hybrids/whites & crappies as well as Big blue ...there is no record of blue catfish stocking for that place.

My dad knows the Director of Parks and Rec here in Boerne and the director was fortunate enough to have to pick up this three day old carcass 2 days ago and load it into the back of his truck to have it hauled off. Don't think many people will be swimming there much longer after they see this!

Ya - I've only been there once so I couldn't say for sure if the background is bcl . but it looks like the beach area just to the right of the launch? I googled some more and found some people tweeting about it - from the tweets it seemed it would've happened on June 3rd which means, assuming it's legit, I was there and I missed it!

TuN3R

Administrator
Staff member
Yes it's beach area and it's little further right from that ramp . That Gar must have been feeding pretty good on all those fish lol ! Now i think all this time it must be making some good babies i wanna go fish there more haha.

Just really odd that with all the canoes and kayaks on that lake nobody posted about seeing one or catching one in any of the reports I googled up when researching the lake a while back. It would seem really unlikely that there's just 1 gar in the lake and he's a 8 foot monster, lol. Seems unlikely anybody would bring it in from elsewhere just to dump it, though . .unless they were, for some reason, trying to freak out swimmers or something. Based on the tweet comments I'd say the swimmers were pretty freaked out (not that there's any reason to be)

Cant validate that picture for sure. I can say I saw another from the supposed original person that found the gar on Boerne lake. It was there. The question now is did someone get halfway home with there monster and decide it wasent worth the trouble and dumped it.

For the record gar like this take 60-70 years to hit this size. Thanks to the A** hat that killed this one you can bet to replace him will take another 70 years. People these arent trash fish!!!!