Boerne Lake

Luis

Thinking of heading out on my raft to BL this Sunday. What type of fish should I be fishing for at this time of the year? Any particular spots or tips you can give me would be great.

KEVIN VAN ALEN

LMB, are still in pre-spawn.Water is cold still, but they gotta eat. Try Senkos on the fall [let them sink on a slack line wacky rigged with no weight. Slow roll a Colorado single blade spinner in white in 10-15 ft. deep around rocks. Deeper crankbaits in a crawdad pattern in 15-25 ft. may produce around points with rocks. Good Luck.

LMB, are still in pre-spawn.Water is cold still, but they gotta eat. Try Senkos on the fall [let them sink on a slack line wacky rigged with no weight. Slow roll a Colorado single blade spinner in white in 10-15 ft. deep around rocks. Deeper crankbaits in a crawdad pattern in 15-25 ft. may produce around points with rocks. Good Luck.
+1

Luis

Sorry for this late response. It was pretty slow. My son caught a bass on live worm fishing the bottom. That was it. I might head out there again tomorrow.

I tried senkos, crank baits, spinner baits and nothing was working for me.

KEVIN VAN ALEN

It a very tough lake, many have been skunked there. I hardly fish it and have gone fishless there on more than one occasion. I have used crawdads there and done fair. Nice lake with decent facilites and has produced some good fish over the years. I would say Medina would have more Bass per acre, I have hit or missed lately with small deep diving crankbaits there. Dunlap is way better than either of those, Good luck.

Took my boy there on Monday and didn't get any bites. We fished from the shore, mostly soft plastics and some crank baits. I hope to take my kayak there soon.

I fish Boerne Lake quite often - I typically do ok there (almost always catch fish but usually not real big ones) but never in the winter. It's been warming up and I've been considering heading out there. . but I have been 100% skunked so far at Boerne between Thanksgiving and about mid-March.