Calaveras Reds

Sgo1986

Made a quick trip too the wall at calaveras.. Work called so we only fished for a couple hours.. If fishing in the corners you can catch 12-18" reds all day. I was going for bigger.. Sent a balloon down the channel about 200 yards with a whole crawfish. A solid 26" red hit! Had to pack up soon after but there is def good signs of reds hitting at the wall. image.jpeg

MJ21

Nice looking red you caught there. The wall was hitting a few weeks ago also when I went. Same thing, straight down the middle. Sides were not producing at all. If the weather cooperates a little more, the action will definitely start to heat up. But in the mean time, cats it is!

Sgo1986

Nice looking red you caught there. The wall was hitting a few weeks ago also when I went. Same thing, straight down the middle. Sides were not producing at all. If the weather cooperates a little more, the action will definitely start to heat up. But in the mean time, cats it is!
Yea water was at 69 degrees. I like it when it's between 75-85 degrees.. The time frame they bite tends to be longer.. Once it gets above 90 they seem like they only like to feed for about an hour at a time.. the blues on canyon were shallow even with the cold air.. I bet they stay shallow for awhile.