Calaveras Wall Produced

MJ21

image.jpeg Hit up Calaveras after I picked up the boat. It was a late start, but finally got on the water around 1000. Wall wasn't producing at first, but after about 2 hrs, things picked up. Caught a 26" (pictured) and a 21" red. I lost 3 more before the bite shut off. Only thing working for me was lures, no shrimp or shad worked. Overall, good day.

MJ21

I had one take my lure. As soon as it hit the water, I counted to 3 and the line just screamed from the spool. Hadn't even closed the bail yet. Fought him for about 2 min before he snapped the line. He was a big one. Other ones just spit them out.

MJ21

True, but I needed one more. If anyone catches a red with a Lazer Blade, let me know what size it was. If ur generous enough, u can return the lure...lol

TuN3R

Administrator
Staff member
Dang nice fish brother :p Man i need to get out to the wall while it's hot but with all this rain catfishing will get better lol no time for reds still been over year haven't really focused on reds.

MJ21

There was one guy that was at the cleaning area with a couple of blues and one channel. He said the bank was on fire and he caught his within an hour.