Calaveras Wall Update

My friend had a nice chat with the head of security guy at the CPS plant today. He was hoping to find a way for folks to keep fishing off the wall but still maintain the security they need especially on the banks. While he was a nice enough guy, apparently they've had enough with the trash and people going over the wall (kayaks). I was there about 3 weeks ago when an older lady fell over, luckily she had on a life vest, but it higlights the liability issues. Sad to report they plan on having a fence with razor wire on top no later than the end of June. Be safe. tap

My friend had a nice chat with the head of security guy at the CPS plant today. He was hoping to find a way for folks to keep fishing off the wall but still maintain the security they need especially on the banks. While he was a nice enough guy, apparently they've had enough with the trash and people going over the wall (kayaks). I was there about 3 weeks ago when an older lady fell over, luckily she had on a life vest, but it higlights the liability issues. Sad to report they plan on having a fence with razor wire on top no later than the end of June. Be safe. tap
I hate to see the wall off limits. Was there last week for the first time since the rule change and it was not the same. I hooked into a couple of mid - size reds with my downriggers but that hardly compares to casting from the wall like I used to do.

It's not the terrorists. It's the people who think the world is their trash can and people who think the rules don't apply to them and they can go where ever they please.

I saw an empty beer can with a coozie blow off someones boat at the wall. A little 10-year-old girl with that family got a net and fished out the can and coozie. She took the coozie off and handed it to her dad then turned and threw the can back in the water. Ughhh When the can got to me I fished it out, took it back to the house and recycled it.

Its not the terrorists ? 9/12 one day after 9/11 the buoys were put up at the entrance of zone 4.Stopping fishing in 100 acres of Calavaras.The best part of the lake where reds,hybrid striper, l.m. bass would stack up in colder months. The best catfishing in the lake in there too. Too much of a security risk. This is Military city U.S.A.. The cps guards are top notch, they dont know what nice little package you could be sneaking in your kayak to San Antonios main power supply. Just sayin.If it were not for those kayakers we would still be fishing that wall.

I saw an empty beer can with a coozie blow off someones boat at the wall. A little 10-year-old girl with that family got a net and fished out the can and coozie. She took the coozie off and handed it to her dad then turned and threw the can back in the water. Ughhh When the can got to me I fished it out, took it back to the house and recycled it.
So the wall is not off limits anymore?

Gotcha.. I've read in other threads there's a possibility of it going back being able to fish it.. A person from CPS was on the thread saying its closer temporary until they decide what to do. Who knows though.. Canyon lake sure is nice though lol.