Calaveras Wall

I was informed by the office folks that effective last Sunday, anyone on the wall or anchored to the wall was now subject to trespassing tickets. They handed out a bunch of tickets. Explains why I was the only show in town yesterday morning and caught 13 reds in three hours. Here is a pic of the keepers along with a couple of cats and a nice striper.

Attachments

WD40

Who is handing out the tickets? Unless they are actual law enforcement folks (DPS Trooper, TP&W Game Warden, Sheriff, District Constable, etc.) how can they legally ticket anyone?

I'd kinda like to see this one taken to court if they try to site someone or fine them. Bet CPS and/or Thousand Trails would lose their asses.

TuN3R

Administrator
Staff member
Who is handing out the tickets? Unless they are actual law enforcement folks (DPS Trooper, TP&W Game Warden, Sheriff, District Constable, etc.) how can they legally ticket anyone?

I'd kinda like to see this one taken to court if they try to site someone or fine them. Bet CPS and/or Thousand Trails would lose their asses.
They shut down wall tpwd game wardens will fine anyone who fish the wall from now wall it's off limits .

MJ21

A ticket is something that I want to avoid, so I will avoid the wall...at least until they reopen it

Last edited by a moderator:

MJ21

Wishful thinking. I wanted to hit the wall this weekend before I left for Wyoming for the next 2 years. Oh well, have to use my depth finder and find the schools

WD40

@MJ21 - Might try a Bang-o lure on the reds.

You know, the kind where you light the fuse, toss it in the lake, and wait for it to go BANG!

Otherwise known as a DuPont Spinner. :crazy: :shok:

Just kidding, of course. Would never suggest anything illegal.

My buddy I grew up with in Rosenberg tx and rode in jackpot rodeos together growing ups brother is a game warden and said they have been wanting to close crappie wall for at least 4 years and after the last incident well you know the rest . Icing on thecakeno more:winner::playboy:

MJ21

I know in another post they mentioned trash, kayaks on the other side of the wall, and trespassing on the land was the reason they closed it down. Was there a specific incident besides the ones listed that pushed them to shut it down?

Sgo1986

I guess it was early last week 2 kayaks hopped over the wall and paddled toward the plant.. It's technically always been illegal to stand on the wall and fish, cps just never enforced it. Now CPS has the game wardens patrolling the wall and you will receive a ticket for being on it.