Calaveras Wall

MJ21

@KEVIN VAN ALEN, to tell you the truth, i really don't know. I am sure u can still park there, just cant anchor to it. If u fish on the other side, you more than likely will have to get on the wall to retrieve your fish, which still makes you susceptible to recieving a ticket for trespassing. Not worth a ticket if u ask me

I have a hard time seeing someone get a fish over the wall without getting on the wall.. It's 45ft deep so it'll be a tough anchor in any kind of wind. I wouldn't let any part of my property touch the wall, including the boat.. It's considered trespassing against homeland security, so I'm thinking the fine is going to be pretty heavy... It's really not worth it when there are still so many schools of fish in the main lake.

MJ21

I have a hard time seeing someone get a fish over the wall without getting on the wall.. It's 45ft deep so it'll be a tough anchor in any kind of wind. I wouldn't let any part of my property touch the wall, including the boat.. It's considered trespassing against homeland security, so I'm thinking the fine is going to be pretty heavy... It's really not worth it when there are still so many schools of fish in the main lake.
Couldn't agree with you more. I wouldn't want a ticket of any sort knowing there is plenty of fish in the lake. Not worth it! And you know that the Game Wardens will keep a close eye on anyone remotely close to the wall.

Ok Ive fished the wall for 45 yrs., if the wind is just right, you can fish the wall without anchoring and nurse your trolling motor with it. As far as landing fish, I swung 1000s of fish over the wall into my boat. In fact I dont even get on the wall if I can help it.My sense of balance is very bad and It is very difficult for me to get out of my high performance bass boat. I have rod holders[3] AT 90 degree angles I throw out. yeah anything over 10 lbs.is hard to haul over,I fish elswhere for for fish bigger than that in Calavaras. Where there is a will theres a way. If its against the law to even touch the wall ,I Wouldnt do it of course. If I was to break the law I WO

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a high performance bass boat...,,why are you even at Calavaras in the first place??!!! i have a low performance bass boat and don't take my boat out there.