Calaveras

To answer my own question. It's actually pretty dead for a Saturday. Guess the trump fence at the wall turned off the crowds lol. I arrived late in the day about 4pm and I counted no more that 12 trailers at the lake. Couple guides out but very dead. Fishing is good, reds are still schooling up.

For a limited time offer, I am offering battery operated underwater drone submarines for fishing under the wall for 49.95 each, act now and get 2 for 1.Add l.e.d.s for 29.95 ea.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sgo1986

I haven't been on a Saturday really.. Guides are piling in at 181 cove last few times I've been.. Usually a few boats in the cove anchored up.. It's not bad though.. Been catching 10-20 fish a trip with gold and silver spoons early in the mornings. Down riggers the guides use work good too.

I hired Red Alert Fishing Guide last Friday, he went straight to the 181 cove and we caught limit of 12 reds in one hour. It was a blast! Call Victor at 210-473-6200, 4 hour trip up to 4 people for $250.00.

Sgo1986

Yea I see him out there quite a bit. They def catch a lot of fish with the down riggers.. I just hate trolling and then reeling a fish in against the boat motor.. I love the feel the hit, especially one of a red, and feel the fight. But down rigging seems to keep their clients happy.

It was fun. That was the bait of choice. Silver spoons casting into schools. Plenty of reds caught. We anchored up after dark and dropped some shrimp but that was just hanging around really while my buddies emptied the cooler . I am not tempted but very curious as to those underwater drones I would like to see how that works out