Canyon Lake 3-21-17

Beer Snob

Early Tuesday morning I met up with TDK (the man with the plan and the boat) for a day of fishing on Canyon Lake.
We set out in hopes of finding the mythical swarming birds which should also indicate feeding fish. Hours of jetting across the lake and up the river resulted in lots of beautiful scenery, one dink bass and no birds. With the day wearing long, a change In tactics was in order so we scooted over to a part of the lake we had yet to explore and began slowly trolling.
BINGO!!!
The day was saved with a total a total of 10 nice white bass, males and females.

whites.jpg

We were off the lake by 5pm which was just in time as the after-work fishermen and pleasure boaters started showing up en mass.
They cherry on top was finding and having a quick chat with WD-40 and Stephen C.
Good meeting y'all!

Last edited by a moderator:

WD40

@Beer Snob - Good to meet you guys too.
As usual, we ended up catching the not-so-elusive Nada fish. But hey, at least we were out fishing which is better than the alternative.

Oh, and nice fish you got there.

Sgo1986

Early morning is when the birds are showing off.. I didn't see any birds on Wednesday.. But found a bunch shallow on the surface.. Didn't need to birds to see those boils! Then they went deep and caught them jigging spoons. congrats on the 10 whites!!

KEVIN VAN ALEN

Early Tuesday morning I met up with TDK (the man with the plan and the boat) for a day of fishing on Canyon Lake.
We set out in hopes of finding the mythical swarming birds which should also indicate feeding fish. Hours of jetting across the lake and up the river resulted in lots of beautiful scenery, one dink bass and no birds. With the day wearing long, a change In tactics was in order so we scooted over to a part of the lake we had yet to explore and began slowly trolling.
BINGO!!!
The day was saved with a total a total of 10 nice white bass, males and females.

View attachment 8583

We were off the lake by 5pm which was just in time as the after-work fishermen and pleasure boaters started showing up en mass.
They cherry on top was finding and having a quick chat with WD-40 and Stephen C.
Good meeting y'all!
The females are the ones with their mouth open ?