Canyon whites and striper

Cold, cloudy, drizzle, low winds... absolutely perfect day to fish canyon lake. I noticed some top water action as I launched the boat.. when I got too the ripples more and more whites were turning on and feeding. Had a limit of whites by 8:30am. Left them to go find the striper. Made it around cranes mill point and the birds were hitting the water. Made 15 or so casts and had my limit of striper by 9:15.. as the wind picked up, I kept moving from calm water areas too the next and consistently finding fish and catching them. Not sure how many were caught after the limits, but I throw back everything anyway so it was just for fun! Canyon is still fishing good! 3242B64D-8CB7-4DE5-8CED-BFDE281666B6.jpeg

You know, if you keep this up, the fish are going to put in a request that you be banned from the lake.

Nice report, Bud.

@Sgo1986, how’s the bite there at Canyon lately? I will be back in town next weekend, but won’t be able to fish until I get the boat ready. Just curious what the fishing report is.
When blue bonnets start appearing, it is time to hit the river.... above the lake, of course. Tuesday, fishing by myself, I caught 17, kept 7. The first two casts yielded two whites. The catch was equal between casting and trolling, all on 8 to 10 foot rattling cranks. I was upriver from 10am to 4pm. I returned to the main lake for about another hour catching four more on the lake side of the island. This was one of the more productive trips over the many years I have been gong there.
I tried Saturday morning. I was planning to launch from the fishing pier at Crane's Mill, but got there too early I guess. The gate was closed, so I was forced to launch from the marina on the other side of the peninsula. Ended up being a LONG paddle resulting in no fish for me. Paddled around the point, back to the river mouth and up river just before the first bend trolling crankbaits and rattling lipless cranks. Sadly couldn't find a fish.

Fished canyon a couple days ago. To windy for the main lake for me, so i went up river. Found whites and crappie up there. Haven’t been enough to really have a good report. Like any lake with a river, whites and crappie run up it this time of year.
What depths were you finding them at? With no success trolling anything, I was fishing along trees dropping road runners trying out depths of 17-20 feet and then moved up shallower in 8-10 feet. Just trying to learn a little more in finding both white bass and crappie out there on the lake!