Cassin Lake

This small lake is in south San Antonio. Off of Espada rd., Google maps shows a small pier and a kayak in the pic. Anyone have any info on this place. Couldnt find anything online except it was created in 1907 for irrigation purposes.

Albert

???
Staff member
I'm not 100% sure since I heard from the grapevine but its a private lake own by some corporation. I forgot which one.

Albert

???
Staff member
I did a little research and found out its own by Bexar county. It is really call Cassin Lake Dam.

Edited more info:

Cassin Lake is on Minita Creek in Bexar County, Texas and is used for irrigation purposes. Construction was completed in 1907. It is owned by Bexar Metropolitan Water District.
Cassin Lake Dam is of earthen construction. Its height is 24 feet with a length of 1180 feet. Its capacity is 580 acre feet. Normal storage is 400 acre feet.

Found another website claiming that it has walleye which I dought.

Yeah bexarmet sold it a year ago. Nobody was in the office that could tell me who bought it. But looks like it may be Terramark properties. Haven't tried to reach them about it yet. Figure will have to wait til next year. I get the feeling if anything is there it would be bass. Just sayin. Probably gone stay off limits, but i want to find the owners and ask.