Cranes Mill

Hey guys! It's been a good while since I've been on here as I moved up to CO, however I'm back and was hoping to get some info on the conditions of cranes mill park for fishing the pier/bank and some camping. Trying to get a mini reunion out there and last I heard sections of the park were closed but that was some time ago. any info helps, we'll fish for it all. thanks in advance and happy fishing yall, tight lines!

Hey Alec, sorry for the late reply. So the crappie dock at Cranes Mill Park seems to provide for bluegill(perch) and white crappie. As far as the bank near cranes mill crappie dock, the little elevated rock formation tp the left of the dock seems promising but I've had no luck there. It seems to be deeper near that rock outcropping then the bank to the left. If the crappie dock is full that might be worth a try fishing near that with lures or live bait. The bank to the left was full of moss in the summer months but most of that will have died off as we progress forward into winter here which would allow you to cast lures and bait on the bottom in that location. It's defiantly worth checking out. Good luck and tight lines!

Hey Alec, sorry for the late reply. So the crappie dock at Cranes Mill Park seems to provide for bluegill(perch) and white crappie. As far as the bank near cranes mill crappie dock, the little elevated rock formation tp the left of the dock seems promising but I've had no luck there. It seems to be deeper near that rock outcropping then the bank to the left. If the crappie dock is full that might be worth a try fishing near that with lures or live bait. The bank to the left was full of moss in the summer months but most of that will have died off as we progress forward into winter here which would allow you to cast lures and bait on the bottom in that location. It's defiantly worth checking out. Good luck and tight lines!
Oh btw... The cranes mill crappie dock area doesn't charge a entrance fee either. That's always a plus in my mind