crea brothers lake

TuN3R

Administrator
Staff member
Let us know how is this place for fishing you can take few random pictures using your phone and post them :p Will be easier to figure out how good is this place before hitting it .

I've had my eye on it but I have no clue how to reach it, it looks like it's on private property but if you can get to it, let me know. I literally live like 2 minutes from it. Also had my eye on Martinez State Park off 1604 near the base but couldn't find a way into there either. :sorry:

Andy

crea brothers has closed gates so it is probably private. The Martinez park you talk about is further down the road but it also had a gate locked which I did not understand, if it is a state park. I will head out there tomorrow or friday to see if they opened it but doubt it. the only other way I see of getting in there is thru the back driving thru a neighborhood and taking a dirt road for city work trucks from what I can tell but not sure. I am calling the county tomorrow and find out why it is closed. If worse comes to worse there is always xbox!

Haha, Andy. Yeah, I figured the same thing with Martinez, seen some trash dumping going on out there, makes me sad. I wish there was a way we could get some clean up going on. Shouldn't the county or city be taking care of that? I think they should focus on keeping areas fishable, oxygenating the water, cleaning up, etc. I'm just frustrated, sorry, just venting. Hopefully Crea Brothers, if private, is at least open to having people fish out there and hopefully, Martinez is really a State Park and opens it's gates.

Andy

Well Mario, called the county and they stated that it is STATE owned and they dont have to have it available to the public since budget cuts. They say that they have told the state to clean it up but its all red tape from there. Pretty shitty. So I am gonna concentrate like Tuner on finding buddies with boats and do big lakes and rivers for now. I went to a couple of places here on the NE side and the water is so low I could look like Jesus walking across them! Live oak was REALLY bad, off the pier the water is maybe 1 foot for at least 50 yards out, the city was out there in a boat and had to get out and wade thru most of it pulling the boat behind them! To the right seems the deepest maybe 5-6 feet? The small pond is just as bad, I can almost reach out and touch the water fountain in the middle with my rod! No one was fishing except an old chinese man who said he has not caught anything for the past week, said its really slow, even the perch are not hitting as much.

Wow... Where's the dislike button. There's got to be enough fishermen around to put pressure on the State to fix the park. And the City of Live Oak needs to fix that lake. Maybe do fundraisers or something to get it fixed up. Tell your alien brothers to work more magic, we need it!

Andy

They only help me out if its REALLY necessary. I have contacted Live oak about stocking and such but everyone says the same crap about budget cuts and no money or volunteers, of course all the live oak city people are mainly old farts who dont want no one messing with any part of the park. I have talked to the texas fish and wildlife guys about spreading out the drops of fish to other parks not just two but they dont care, they say its in the works but been hearing that for two years. The only approval I did get was the trout drops being bigger at brack and millers pond.

Andy

what do you mean? The TWF director is the one who decides where the fish will be dropped, he even told me himself, he has relatives on the southside and thats the reason he chose millers and pecan as neighborhood fishing holes.

TuN3R

Administrator
Staff member
That's exactly what i meant when they have someone on board relatives ,friends can easily pressure them you know this emotional crap that we humans deal with .

Maybe we can be a political force, get signatures, put some pressure on TPWD, TWF, county, city. Fishing is important. Maybe get Academy, BassPro, Cabela's into the thrall as well. Who knows?