Dove hunts

Fishmaster150

Moderator/pro staff "AnytimeOutdoors"
Staff member
Dove Season is rite around the corner as another year is almost gone. I've been watching a ton of doves all summer that reside in the area and now that the low pressure systems are starting to hit weekly more birds will move down every day. We had a great season last year and are looking forward to an even better season this year. I am offering day hunts for dove just north of San Antonio. Starting 9/3/14.
1 hunter $85 a day
2 for $145 a day
3 for $185 a day
I have an extensive dove decoy set up with motorized mojo doves and still decoys elevated to 40'.
BBQ pit provided for lunch time cook out. Just bring ur food and drinks. And shoot some birds.
I clean all birds at end of day.
Let me no if anyone is interested. image.jpg This was my first ever quadruple. 3 shells and 4 birds at once. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

TuN3R

Administrator
Staff member
Can i come over with my camera and enjoy free food LoL !

Some good deal right there fellas ! Our mighty eddie will make ya'll happy .

Fishmaster150

Staff member
One more day then I wake up and itch my trigger finger!!! Birds are flying great in the morning!! Should have no problem getting a limit as long as I shoot decent!!
Bring em on let the onslaught begin!!!

Fishmaster150

Staff member
If u can make it a week day morning this week u can spectate!!
Great mornig so far. I got my bad shooting out of the way early this season. Lol
And I'm still doing ok. Birds are still straggling thru

Fishmaster150

Staff member
The opener went great. We had great flights this morning until they realized we were shooting at them they went to the trees we could of all for a limit this morning but all were a bit rusty. Lol
I got a limit split with the 2 hunts and my son and daughter got a few each the little they hunted this morning before it got hot. To hot nothing flew this afternoon till after 7pm the migraters haven't made it down yet. It will just get better from here till winter. image.jpg Morning hunt image.jpg total 25 (my son at 5 for lunch before I could take a pic. Lol) mmmm mmmm tasty.
image.jpg Her first shot this evening connected with a fat whitewing.
She's a chip off the old block.....

fishwhisperer

just wondering fishmaster, how do you prep those morsels? Its been too many commanche moons since i hunted and ate doves. Back then we just field dressed them, set up three rocks for a pit, salt and pepper them then panfried them and yes they were tasty.

Fishmaster150

Staff member
I make dove poppers it is my fav.
Debone or butterfly dove breast
Fill with cream cheese and a slice of jalapeño and wrap with bacon
Grill till bacon is crisp and enjoy.
I can eat a limit of dove this way alone. Lol
I will be doing some up this way for dinner tonite at the request of my lil one. Il post pics of them on the grill.