English Crossing - Medina River, Pipe Creek

Someone mentioned that the fishing is fairly good at English Crossing at the Medina River in Pipe Creek. They said something about parking and walking down the river a bit. I checked the map but don't see anyplace to park. Does anyone know about the area? I would appreciate any information. Thank you,

2W2X1

That is the problem I have faced here in the SATX area. Lots of people happy to tell you about awesome places to catch fish without specifics. Trying to research where they are talking has been rather difficult. Too many nicknames and assumed knowledge make it interesting. Having not grown up here and only lived here for a year I got a ton of learning to do. But the tug is the drug and I am an addict.

MJ21

So you will notice that there are a lot of people that know spots to fish, but once they give out the specific location, it is no longer a secret spot. People will flock there and outfish it. The next time you go, there will be nothing there to catch. Trust a few, get to know some anglers and their techniques, and pass it one to someone you can trust down the line.

Totall agree! Besides some people who get "the word" may not respect the water or surroundings! Take foe example Calaveras Lake, fishing the wall was awesome! I mean you can see these guys that have all the options on it (toys), but are fishing the wall. Well, some dummies decided to cross into the private area which is run by Cps and take their Kayaks in. Needless to say the wall is now fenced off !

2W2X1

Totall agree! Besides some people who get "the word" may not respect the water or surroundings! Take foe example Calaveras Lake, fishing the wall was awesome! I mean you can see these guys that have all the options on it (toys), but are fishing the wall. Well, some dummies decided to cross into the private area which is run by Cps and take their Kayaks in. Needless to say the wall is now fenced off !
Yeah that sucks for sure. I hear it didn't help the fact that CPS outsourced the park/lake responsibilities to another company who does nothing more than collect entrance fees.

WD40

Hey, I saw some Thousand Trails employees actually empty the cans under the cleaning table at Calaveras......once. :eek:

I agree, neither of the lakes seem nearly as well maintained as they were when CPS ran them back in the 90's.