Even on a slow day. Lines were stretched.

Fishmaster150

Moderator/pro staff "AnytimeOutdoors"
Staff member
Well I had the pleasure of fishing with a good friend of mine tday Saff member "MI Girl"on the beautiful guadalupe in search of rainbows. Now bieng a post cold front day I kinda figured things would be slow and a bit chilly. But we set out anyways. Becouse the best time to fish and be outside enjoying nature is "AnytimeOutdoors" beats sitting in a house or at work. Lol
Caught a few. Lost a few. And released the dinks. But great times all around. And we will be hitting it again soon as the crowds deminish with the stockings now over. image.jpg

Fishmaster150

Moderator/pro staff "AnytimeOutdoors"
Staff member
Missed you, but saw Alex at run below barking dog pool
We will have to get out there soon. I haven't had the time to hit the river much yet. Been busy with hunts since October. And have more lined up thru spring.
I've been waiting for the crowds to die down out there too. Been crazy amount of folks out there this year. Il be hitting barking dog area next to finish up my home work for my trips I have lined up out there soon.

I'm new here to this forum and San Antonio, I've only fished the stocked ponds since late January and only caught one at Millers pond. I've yet to fish the river and probably will just wait until next, year, but as my name suggest this might be a noob question, but do they trout survive longer in the river than in the stocked ponds, do they just grow them massive before they stock them? I've noticed by all the pictures on here they seem bigger than the pond stocked trout.

DrErk

I'm new here to this forum and San Antonio, I've only fished the stocked ponds since late January and only caught one at Millers pond. I've yet to fish the river and probably will just wait until next, year, but as my name suggest this might be a noob question, but do they trout survive longer in the river than in the stocked ponds, do they just grow them massive before they stock them? I've noticed by all the pictures on here they seem bigger than the pond stocked trout.
The Guadalupe river is fed below canyon lake by water from the deepest part of canyon lake. Therefore the water temps stay low enough so that the stocked trout down there survive the summer. That makes the Guadalupe one of the only (maybe the only) "natural" trout fisheries in Texas and is why they grow so large there.

The Guadalupe river is fed below canyon lake by water from the deepest part of canyon lake. Therefore the water temps stay low enough so that the stocked trout down there survive the summer. That makes the Guadalupe one of the only (maybe the only) "natural" trout fisheries in Texas and is why they grow so large there.
That's really awesome, do they bite in the summer?

Well I had the pleasure of fishing with a good friend of mine tday Saff member "MI Girl"on the beautiful guadalupe in search of rainbows. Now bieng a post cold front day I kinda figured things would be slow and a bit chilly. But we set out anyways. Becouse the best time to fish and be outside enjoying nature is "AnytimeOutdoors" beats sitting in a house or at work. Lol
Caught a few. Lost a few. And released the dinks. But great times all around. And we will be hitting it again soon as the crowds deminish with the stockings now over. View attachment 4946
Where on the guadalupe is that?