Finally got my yak and ready to roll (it over)

Hey guys, just wanted to share some happiness and my experience with y'all! After about a year and a half of thinking of getting a yak all day every day I finally pulled the trigger. Different events happening in my life told me that if I didn't buy one now, it will be years before I have another opportunity. So I did!

IMG_20160412_190258.jpg IMG_20160412_190307.jpg IMG_20160412_190322.jpg IMG_20160412_190414.jpg
Ordered it off ACK online, absolute 10/10 5 star experience, absolutely recommend them. Great customer service. However the company they shipped through, Estes Express, was absolutely horrible but thats a different story. Really excited to get onto the water with it but probably won't be able to until next week. Anyone want to teach me how to ride this thing? :drinking:

Hey guys, just wanted to share some happiness and my experience with y'all! After about a year and a half of thinking of getting a yak all day every day I finally pulled the trigger. Different events happening in my life told me that if I didn't buy one now, it will be years before I have another opportunity. So I did!

View attachment 6780 View attachment 6781 View attachment 6782 View attachment 6783
Ordered it off ACK online, absolute 10/10 5 star experience, absolutely recommend them. Great customer service. However the company they shipped through, Estes Express, was absolutely horrible but thats a different story. Really excited to get onto the water with it but probably won't be able to until next week. Anyone want to teach me how to ride this thing? :drinking:
Nice ride brother! Looks like your pups ready to go with you! I absolutely love yakkin, congrats

MJ21

Nice looking yak! I've been wanting to purchase a yak for a few years now, just haven't come across the one I really want. It's gonna be a Hobie, just saving money for when I retire, I can buy it.

DrErk

Nice ride! I may go out next weekend, depending on the weather. I'll post here on this site I'm going out in case anyone's looking to meet up.

MJ21

Nice ride! I may go out next weekend, depending on the weather. I'll post here on this site I'm going out in case anyone's looking to meet up.
Weather report says that next Friday and Saturday are the days without rainfall. We all know how that really works out, so take it for what it's worth. If later in the week it still looks to be clear, I'm definitely gonna take the boat out to fish.

Last edited by a moderator:

Take.me.fishin'MI.Girl

Staff member
STCA Member

View attachment 6780 View attachment 6781 View attachment 6782 View attachment 6783
What a beautiful ride! Congrats on finally pulling that trigger! I'm excited to hear and see pics of how your first few launches go. Looks like a great set up. Are you gonna rig her with a fish finder?

Looks like a great set up. Are you gonna rig her with a fish finder?
Thanks! And yes I actually already have, bought the cheapest Lowrance I could find, works good enough for me. That's one if the reasons I chose the 115X, it has a removable console that consolidates all the parts into it. Finder on top, battery in middle, transducer on bottom, so when I get home or during transport I can just take out the whole console.

Loving the boat so far! Haven't caught any monsters but at this point I'm just glad I haven't rolled it yet. I've got getting in down pretty good, still working on getting out steadily...

DrErk

Thanks! And yes I actually already have, bought the cheapest Lowrance I could find, works good enough for me. That's one if the reasons I chose the 115X, it has a removable console that consolidates all the parts into it. Finder on top, battery in middle, transducer on bottom, so when I get home or during transport I can just take out the whole console.
Yeah WS has a good system set up for fish finder installation. I had a system set up on my Jackson Cuda that if you were being generous you might call "cajun ingenuity" LOL. Made me really appreciate the Hobie "lowrance ready" setup.

Got my boat out on the water, had a great morning at Converse north. I had given up fishing that lake because it's so tough from the bank but in the boat it's a totally different experience! Caught 3 fish, missed at least 2 hook sets too. Loving this boat and the freedom it gives! IMG_20160419_121119.jpg IMG_20160428_120125.jpg IMG_20160428_120157.jpg

I wanna try it out tomorrow
I was throw a simple jig with craw trailer, watermelon with some blue/red flake. Straight across the lake from the parking area are a bunch of trees laid down in the water, water about 4-5 feet deep. I just tossed it to the trees, let it sink. They were biting as soon as it hit the bottom or after the first hop. Good luck and tight lines!

Slow Native