Forum Improvments PLEASE READ!!!

Hey gang,

Well the forum has been generating lots of interest and we have been working hard to keep up with the flow of new users and the needs that must be met on the technical and financial side of things. Tuner has been the driving force that keeps this site alive and for that he deserves a great debt of gratitude if not from our members then definitely from all of our local small business that use this forum for free advertising.

Now with the thank yous properly out of the way let’s talk about direction. We are the Leading fishing and outdoors site for the Greater San Antonio area. Our community has grown to include manufacturers, tournament organizers, retailers, guides, and a slew of very talented anglers. This community exits for the sharing of knowledge and for the comrodery that only can be had by those who truly understand the addiction we all live with day in and day out. For some this is church when you can’t hit the water, for others this is a place to learn new information but no matter what for all of us its a great place to talk about fishing. Our new direction is still going to include all of these attributes but with some improvements.

In order to keep the forum in tip top shape and in order to grow our community we feel a few improvements will need to be put into place.
Forum Store- This forum cost’s hundreds of dollars every month just to keep it open. That doesn’t include the hours of work it takes to keep it working, updated & Moderated. The store will be a way for the forum to earn some revenue to help cover these cost’s. Please show your support for the forum by purchasing forum swagg in the form of Cozies, Hats, Stickers & Shirts. As we continue to grow so will our cost’s everyone’s support will be greatly appreciated. We will also be retailing tackle directly from the forum store, please think about purchasing your tackle through our store in order to help support the forum.

Premium Membership- A premium membership is how the everyday user can gain access to our new features at a discounted rate. As well as receiving extra premium membership benefits here on the forum you will also get discounts on the forum store that will easily pay for the membership throughout the year and you will get special discounts on guided fishing trips and tournaments around town.

Contributing Member- Would you like to be a bigger part of what’s going on with the forum? Do you want to show your support? Would you like to have a say when changes are made? Then beocme a contributing member. By donating to the forum it can be possible to have more of a say and to be able to show your support for the forum. You will receive all of the premium membership benefits as well as a list of added benefits and a contributing member bonus package which includes forum swagg, tackle and steep discounts and special fishing trip offers form our sponsors.

Advertising Memberships- For those like myself who use the forum to advertise their products or services it’s time we pay up. We have all benefited freely from this forum so it shouldn’t be too hard to offer up a little something. If you are a business or an individual using the forum to advertise your products or services we will be contacting you and working out a proper membership cost. In some cases it may not be monetary it could be trade for goods or services. Everyone’s needs are different and we are going to try to be as fair with you as possible so that in the end our community is the real winner. We don’t want to charge you and then you charge our community. We would rather charge very little to nothing in order for you to do the same for our community. J

Community Get Together’s- We encourage everyone to come to our get together’s, it will be a great way to put a face with a name and to make new friends. We will always try to keep it interesting with giveaways, contest’s and raffles. Food is always going to be a priority as well. Good food, good times, and good folks is what we are all about.

Speaking of Community Get Togethers we are planning a get together for the third Saturday in August. Saturday August 17th. We are going to have a pot luck meeting so everyone bring something we can all munch on. We will also be discussing the SA Kids Fishing Club.
We will have a big fish tournament with both a kids and adults division with 100% payback!!! Bass Cats and Sunfish will all have their own divisions. In order for us to prepare properly we will have a sticky thread created for the get together so everyone can sign up and let us know what they will be bringing. This helps keep it all organized.

From all of us here at the forum, THANK YOU!!!! For your continued support. Please remember that we are still a very young website but the growth has been wonderful. We can’t wait to see what the next few years hold for us and all of you. We are sure there will be some great fish caught some great knowledge shared. Enjoy the community and don’t forget to show your support to the forum and to its sponsors and contributing members.

Sincerely,
Forum Staff

P.S. For those lurkers out there, you will need to make an account to take advantage of all of our new forum improvments, however getting in now will ensure that you have a say as the froum continues to grow to new heights.

Dave Stone

Contributor
Premium Member
STCA Member
Wow, big time operation, congratulations to all who assisted, of course we will support you guys, the" Info Station for Local Fishing News and Views."

robrod

This fourm has been great for the time o have been on. I check the forum constantly for new updated an threads. As much as i am addicted to fishing i am also a addict to this forum. Ty guys an cant wait for updates an to get membership an schwagg

Dave Stone

Contributor
Premium Member
STCA Member
Keep us posted on the membership thing so we can help as soon as possible with funds. Are you doing the Charter Members, lifetime, short term memberships?

TuN3R

Administrator
Staff member
Keep us posted on the membership thing so we can help as soon as possible with funds. Are you doing the Charter Members, lifetime, short term memberships?
We will have those options . Monthly , 3months , 6months , yearly & Lifetime if there is demand :) Each type of membership will have their own Point system & benefits .

Fishmaster150

Moderator/pro staff "AnytimeOutdoors"
Staff member
I've been addicted to this site since I first joined. And in proud to be a staff member thanks to tuner. And I look forward to helping everyone and sharing all my knoweledge with who ever asks. And to all the great improvements that are to come. Let me no what needs to be done tuner I'm always glad to help in anyway possible. Can't wait till the get together next month. And the schwagg. I need a fitted hat!! Lol

schwag is the terrible weed people smoke with stems n seeds... SWAG is the term used to describe dope clothing... just a little heads up lol... tuner doin big things, keep up the good work dude :drinking::smoke:

TuN3R

Administrator
Staff member
schwag is the terrible weed people smoke with stems n seeds... SWAG is the term used to describe dope clothing... just a little heads up lol... tuner doin big things, keep up the good work dude :drinking::smoke:
Not without you fellas :) You are one of the assest to this community who always came forward to help people and share information .