Going to Tom Slick any advice??

Im going out to tom slick this week any advice ? im fishing for bass , I bought blue black fleck worms a white spinner bait . Im hoping the water level isnt too low. Anyone been out there recently

TuN3R

Administrator
Staff member
Haven't been out there in a long time now . I usually used Watermelon red plastic worms out there and caught few here n there otherwise i always ran out of luck with bass at tom slick it's way hot and water was darn low when i fished there last time .

TuN3R

Administrator
Staff member
I am pretty sure Tom Slick is holding nice basses out there but too much weed all over the Pond there which makes bottom fishing really hard . In this brutual heat all good basses are hiding down the bottom and very less bites out there . We need serious rain to get that pond back in action . There was one big creek back on trail somewhere there in that tom slick which now dried down totally can't wait till winter season .

With the way it sounds with obnoxious algea plooms, go to Academy and get you some weedless hollow body frogs. If you can judge water depth pretty well or know the area pretty well, anything under 3 feet depth you should catch quite a bit. Don't be afraid of throwing topwaters in the heat, since most bass that are probably caught on them are caught during the early morning or dusk. I have had great luck throwing top water frogs during the heat of the day. Anything with a white/green/chartruese bottom works great during the day/night. Hope this helps.

TuN3R

Administrator
Staff member
Tried that all i see basses just moving around normally but seems like heat is driving them crazy they won't bite anything you throw at them .... 2months back you could easily catch few good sizes off the pond with Watermelon red now it's hard to get them bite the baits . Will still check this place out sometimes soon ...there's no shades which makes fishing hard in crazy heat.