Honey Holes , Ponds & Creeks Lists

TuN3R

Administrator
Staff member
Submit your best location for these places i will keep on updating first post with all possible locations around San Antonio which will be helpful for our Visitors and friends around San Antonio .

Ponds:

Tom slick Community Park 7400 highway 151 Raymond E Stotzer Jr Fwy San Antonio, TX 78245
Millers Pond 6175 Old Pearsall Rd, San Antonio, TX 78242
Local Pond near IH35 7898 lazy forest, live oak, tx. 78233
Trailer Park Oak Crest Pointe 6435 Crestway Dr. San Antonio TX78239

Creeks :

cibolo creek Crescent Bend Nature Park off of Schaefer road in Schertz .
Cibolo Creek at the Cibolo Nature Center in Boerne.
Honey Holes :

For those that like to travel, here are some areas in and around the Highland lakes.

1) Johnson Park in Marble Falls. Easy access with playground for kids. take some range cubes and chum the area for carp/buffalo and catfish. Also can catch perch and bass fairly easy.

2) Ponds in Horseshoe Bay. Right across the street from the Convience store there is a large pong (5-6 acres) that is loaded with bass. I haven't fished it in years but saw some guys fishing the other day and they were catching fish.

3) Inks lake and not the park ( even though the park can be good). On the west side of the Park there offf 29 is an RV park. When the LCRA is releasing water this is a great spot for bank fisherman to tie into a big striper.

4) Burnet's Hamilton Creek. Nice little creek offering approx 2 miles of fishing. If it gets to hot you can go have a beer or Margarita either at Wayne's Beer & BBQ or Jardia's .

5) Hi Line Resort on Lake Buchanan. They offer a covered fishing dock, bait and tackle. Also you have Paradise point right around the corner an they also have a covered fishing dock. Black Rock state park also has decent fishng as well.

6) The Slab in Kingsland Texas. This is part of the Llano river that runs into Lake LBJ. This requires walking and wading. I would suggest fishing this in the spring and wade toward LBJ.

I will post up some more spots as I think of them.

TuN3R

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for adding up information that's Great gotta start driving up there once in a while and do some fishing :p Suggest me one best location out of those for bank fishing i want to take my dogs with me too so they can have some fun around the place.

I would say the most pet friendly place would be the Kingsland Slab or Black Rock. I don't bank fish much anymore but when I do I am going after Smallmouth Buffalo . A friend of mines parents have a lake house on LBJ and in the fall and winter we will chum with range cubes. I make a do bait consisting of frrosted flakes, big red , vanilla, oatmeal, and flour. Use a small treble hook with know weight. We have caught them up to 40lbs. We let the kids reel in those 10lbs and under.

TuN3R

Administrator
Staff member
Tom Slick has a nice pond ...just follow the trail on the back side you should be able to see the water . Water is kinda low at the moment but it's still holding good there used to be awesome creek behind that park until few months back with good amount of fishes around there . Good amount of rain will bring back the pond in it's shape .

Crazyfish73

I think i gota bite
Ok guys I live in San Marcos between SA and Austin I have a few spots around my neck of the woods..Kyle lake is opening late this year 2011..
Bradfield pond in Buda, Texas which was stocked by cabelas .. tho it's been slow it has Lm bass,catfish and other fish... I've been there every weekend and seen people pulling nice size bass and catfish but these past two weekends no bites at all.
Next is SM Playscape... As u get to the park walk down to the leftside you'll see a picnic area .. There is a small bridge.. To the right is y in the river .. Grassy water one side and current on the other.. I haven't caught anything there but I've seen big fish in the grass and seen others pull out some nice fish.
Last spot for now is Thomsons island walk behind the park you'll see a waterfall there is a deep spot there and shallow current run on the other side.. I'm sure if u use google maps u will find these spots.. More fishing holes to come I just need to sit down and make a list.. there are little towns around here
Lockhart, martindale, staples all have rivers and pond/lakes

Drrouter

There are bass in Salado, but nothing huge. The largemouths I've seen in that creek are normally in the 4" to 12" range, but there are a few lurkers. I've seen some fairly big talapia if you're into those. Hopefully the rains at the end of the week will replenish some of the water in the creek, especially those areas north of Rittiman.

Salado Creek has the widest variety of Sunfish I've encountered so far. Here is one I pulled out of the creek, it was almost pure gold.

Andy

Wow, thats a beautiful fish! Not sure about the fingers tho! LOL, JK. Hey thanks for the info definitely will be trying out that area since I dont live far from it.

Submit your best location for these places i will keep on updating first post with all possible locations around San Antonio which will be helpful for our Visitors and friends around San Antonio .

Ponds:

Tom slick Community Park 7400 highway 151 Raymond E Stotzer Jr Fwy San Antonio, TX 78245
Millers Pond 6175 Old Pearsall Rd, San Antonio, TX 78242
Local Pond near IH35 7898 lazy forest, live oak, tx. 78233
Trailer Park Oak Crest Pointe 6435 Crestway Dr. San Antonio TX78239

Creeks :

cibolo creek Crescent Bend Nature Park off of Schaefer road in Schertz .
Cibolo Creek at the Cibolo Nature Center in Boerne.
Honey Holes :
what baits are the bass biting in those ponds?