Honey Holes , Ponds & Creeks Lists

Has anyone fished directly below the dam at lake McQueeney. That place use to be loaded with gar. Use a small treble hook with a minnow & get ready for plenty of action. On the left side of the dam, you could get in to a small park for 2.00 that was right on the waters edge...my son & I use to put a jonboat in there. On the right side was a road that cut through a small subdivion & ended at the dam. Things may have changed a lot by now, but it would be worth checking out.
Roger

TuN3R

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone fished directly below the dam at lake McQueeney. That place use to be loaded with gar. Use a small treble hook with a minnow & get ready for plenty of action. On the left side of the dam, you could get in to a small park for 2.00 that was right on the waters edge...my son & I use to put a jonboat in there. On the right side was a road that cut through a small subdivion & ended at the dam. Things may have changed a lot by now, but it would be worth checking out.
Roger
Bank fishing access there ?

cory

the slab is a good spot but i have a lake house in kingsland so no need for the slab for me haha if you really wanna travel Lake Arrowhead is awesome Lake O the Pines as well and Lake Sandy up near Paris,Tx

on3lug

I dnt ever bother tryin to eat carp to much spinas buhh ilovee the way they fightt..! Caught this one on corn at pecan valley/southside lions..

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
@lucero.0709 it was between noon and 3 pm on a sunny tuesday with nice breeze wen they were hittin..i was fishing on the side that looks like it starts turnin into ah river..wen you enter thru main entrance you take a left and keep driving till you hit the water..(not were the playground is) which evrr spot you fishh at throw a handfull of corn first then throw your line owt

Thanks so much for this section and @TuN3R for referring me here. I am moving to San Antonio (Stone Oak area) in about 2 weeks and thought it would take months or trial and error to find some good ponds and creeks to find at. Appreciate it! Keep'em coming!

Hey Guys got some intel yall might be interested in . I am a retired officer and used to get security contracts around SA. I had the contract out on 211/ Hwy 90 about a year ago . they were building a golf course and they have a big pond in the Back . we did security to keep the hog hunters out of the area. one day i was out there and i threw a line in the pond and ended up catching 9 bass ranging 2-9lbs on a texas rig . The next day I asked the managment about fishing there and they gave us permission but they just wanted the area left clean. anyway long story short people were catching bass after bass along with cats . After about a month the word got out and someone brought there family in and left the placed trashed with beer cans and other trash, they also found some dead hogs . we lost the contract and never been back. i heard people from the condos have access to the golf course .

I also have access to San Antonio river on SAWS property . The property is 2000 ac and the san antonio river runs threw. I always catch people fishing but never seen anyone catch anything. it is in the same area near the dominguesz prison . let me know if anyone wants to try it out . I go out there 3-4 times a week to keep the poachers out .( huge Bucks ).

Last edited by a moderator: