Hot spots

I hooked a 2-3 pounder on a night crawler at earl scott pong about a month ago. Some old timer out there was saying they recently stocked the place with channel cats.

South Side Lions Park and Miller's Pond are stocked with catfish. I've had more luck at Miller's. Next stocking dates are: Sept 30, Oct 14, Oct 28. Hope this helps. # 8 treble hook with stink bait ( CJ's Punch Bait) works wonders. Can also use hot dogs, shrimp.

Catfish stink bait ( chicken liver & chicken blood ) works best !! Well for me that is . I fish millers all the time and atleast catch 3 within the hour using that stink bait

I don't have tape or a scale so I can't say exactly how big it is but they look good to me. I just left millers about 20 mins ago
I just noticed your rig. It looks like a dropper rig withe the weight on TOP and the bait on bottom... Is that correct? I may have been fishing for catfish all wrong, LOL! How do you keep the stink bait on that plain looking hook? I'm obviously doing something wrong, because I never catch anything at Miller's...

I just noticed your rig. It looks like a dropper rig withe the weight on TOP and the bait on bottom... Is that correct? I may have been fishing for catfish all wrong, LOL! How do you keep the stink bait on that plain looking hook? I'm obviously doing something wrong, because I never catch anything at Miller's...
Look up slip sinker rig. Best all around kitty rig in my opinion.

im not sure if it's an actual rig but seems to work for me. And I use rubber gloves hold the stink bait and just mash it on the hook.

Try treble hooks ( # 6, # 8) with punchbait, can even put hotdogs on treble hooks - but setting the hook at the right time since catfish like to suck up the bait. Also 3 way swivels - circle/kahle hooks with shrimp work too. The size of the catfish ranges from 9-20". They stock average 12" catfish. I've caught 19" ers. A fellow angler said he got a 36" once - must have been there for a few years.