hueco springs

Looking to maybe get on some trout. Have read a little about this place, wanna check it out and advise on how,to,catch a trout???? Never fished for them before

WD40

Never been there, but just watched a video taken at the RV park there. Looks to me like good fly fishing water and maybe throwing rooster tails and other small spinners or spoons in the quieter waters using spinning gear. Perhaps some very small crankbaits like Rebel crawdads would work.

Fishmaster150

Moderator/pro staff "AnytimeOutdoors"
Staff member
Water temps are to way high. Any trout caught and released will DIE due to lactic acid build up that goes strait to there brain.
Trout fishing is a fall/winter/early spring time frame

Water temps are to way high. Any trout caught and released will DIE due to lactic acid build up that goes strait to there brain.
Trout fishing is a fall/winter/early spring time frame
Sooooo if I want to eat them are they still there? Checked out the area today it looks so nice out there going to have to go,camping really soon. And I just want to catch me a trout!!!!!!!!

Fishmaster150

Moderator/pro staff "AnytimeOutdoors"
Staff member
U could eat them. Problem is this late in the year the skinny water at huaco is to hot and all the stocker trout are usually long died off with the hot weather or became striper snacks by now. Lol
It's a great place to camp. We stay several times a year there. Usually in the winter and early spring when there is a lot of trout in there. I've caught and released over 100 trout there many many times in the winter. It's my a favorite place on the river. And the easiest to learn to fly fish with plenty of area with open back cast room. I've taught several people how to fly fish there and they also landed there first fly trout there...