Huge axis buck on the ground

Fishmaster150

Moderator/pro staff "AnytimeOutdoors"
Staff member
For Ten long hard years I have been hunting axis deer and I've had my sights on many trophy size axis bucks But something has always happened and I end up with a story instead of a trophy this morning while working in my yard getting ready to leave this big boy happened to walk across my yard so on the ground he went. I feel like I've finally conquered my nemesis
Weighed over 275#s
29 3/4" antler length
5 3/4" antler base image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg I called this boy in last nite we had a good vocal conversation and then he went silent.
He was still around looking for his adversary to fight for the rut still this morning.
By far the biggest animal I've taken SO FAR.....
AnytimeOutdoorsGuideService

Fishmaster150

Moderator/pro staff "AnytimeOutdoors"
Staff member
Thanks fellas. I feel like I've finally conquered my nemesis. Lol
I was loading the truck to go do an led install in buda tx. This morning when I saw him. I had to call my client and apologize and explain that I would be late a lil axis meat made things all better. And I went after I cleaned this beast. I had to call in the help crew ( my dad and brother ) to lift this beast on the truck with a winch and in the air to hang.
I can't wait to taste him tmaro gona fire up the grill. His backs traps (filetminon) were 4' long like a cows loin. There's a bigger one around that is very ghostly. I will get him one day.
I saw this one several times always when I'm not hunting. Lol
I had to clear the freezer to make room for over 200#s of meat. image.jpg This is my first axis buck that wasn't a spike. I'm am very proud of him and all the hard work I've put into studing these animals. Is paying off.
I called this buck in last nite vocaled with him back and forth for 30 mins. Then he went silent. And this morning he was in my front yard 50 yards from were I was talking with him last night. Amazing that he new were i was talking with him from. He was looking for me. And I wasn't what he hoped to find. Lol