Looking for places that allow small boats

drum

medina lake is one, have you checked out the medina river? if you are close to Kerrville off 173 there are spots there I'm told.

medina lake is one, have you checked out the medina river? if you are close to Kerrville off 173 there are spots there I'm told.
I need to go look at medina since the rains, last time I went it was 75ft lower than its normal levels, was awful. I'm sure it's near normal now.
I am also thinking of trying calaveras lake.
Is it safe to assume that if kayaks or canoes are allowed, then a 10' ft fishing boat with trolley motors would be also?

Fishmaster150

Moderator/pro staff "AnytimeOutdoors"
Staff member
Yes I beleave all small crafts can launch from the yak launch. I've launched my Jon boat with trolling motor from there at Cali.
U might also think of the guad off 281 n. That leads to canyon lake. Boat ramp 11 would be perfect for that boat.

drum

I have my 10' jon boat with trolling motor at braun and calli, make shure you have all the safe gear .
for ticket free enjoyment, small water craft or yak launch area is advised, and make shure that you have your tag and number for trolling motor use, I may seam like a rule hound but I live ticket free on the water.
tight lines

Slow Native

My buddy goes to boat ramp 11 quite a bit. He has always highly recommended it for his kayak fishing. We were thinking about going up there this Saturday morning to do some yakking.

I have my 10' jon boat with trolling motor at braun and calli, make shure you have all the safe gear .
for ticket free enjoyment, small water craft or yak launch area is advised, and make shure that you have your tag and number for trolling motor use, I may seam like a rule hound but I live ticket free on the water.
tight lines
I have not even considered the tags thing.
Is there a list available for the req in Texas?
I'm assuming life vest for each person etc but that was about the only thing I considered... Hmm.
What about lights ?

Slow Native

Yeah I'm looking to purchase a 14' or greater aluminum boat, v hull or Jon to run around up there. Unfortunately there's not much on Craigslist that comes w a title.. Gonna have to save up I guess!

KEVIN VAN ALEN

Boerne lake is good for that.Calavaras has a very protected cove on the right where you pay,its an old gravel pit. Gets pretty deep, decent for bass and cats. The reds and hybrids tend to be more active in main lake. I fished out one of those Pelicans for years. there is a place i fished up in north Texas called L.B.J. GRASSLANDS open to the public,4 or 5 ponds that have good bass populations,we would fish one then go to next one,maps are free at there office. there are other smaller ponds to bank fish too. You may fish and explore all day and not see a soul. they rarely get fished make sure to have a charged phone or two and rations,water etc.... as you could have have a breakdown etc..and go with someone would be a good idea.

Slow Native

Boat Ramp 11 was great this morning. Launched the yak with the wife and paddled out towards the lake. No luck with the fish but had a great time taking in the scenery!