Medina Lake Reports?

Anybody have any recent reports?

I will be fishing there for the first time next weekend and wanted to know what to throw out there and what kind of structure to focus on/look for targeting bass?

I'll be fishing out of a kayak if that helps any

Thanks in advance for any input/help!

TuN3R

Administrator
Staff member
Tons of dinks at the moment that is for sure man !! There are certain areas you might find some nice chunks but in next 2-3yrs it will be great bass fishing lake without any doubt.

What kind of structure can I expect?

I was planning on throwing the following: a popper in the morning, troll a rattle trap/crank, structure jig, and carolina/texas rig a senko, brushhog, or a curly tail worm......but I just don't know what kind of structure to expect.

What would yall recommend to throw for the structure that is out there?

Erich

Those lures should do well. The main structure consists of rocky bluffs, and a lot of desert willows that grew when lake was low and now are submerged. Anything Texas rigged, is always a good choice. My go to baits are weedless flukes, square bill cranks, deep diving cranks, and small zoom fat Albert grubs (watermelon) rigged on 1/4 oz jig head. If you have a depth finder and lake contour map fish points, secondary points and drop offs. I have noticed the bass have seemed to pull off the shallows and are in deeper water. I was out there 2 weeks ago and found most of the fish in 24 fow within a mass of submerged desert willows. I used a 6xd crank bait to skim the tops of brush

Those lures should do well. The main structure consists of rocky bluffs, and a lot of desert willows that grew when lake was low and now are submerged. Anything Texas rigged, is always a good choice. My go to baits are weedless flukes, square bill cranks, deep diving cranks, and small zoom fat Albert grubs (watermelon) rigged on 1/4 oz jig head. If you have a depth finder and lake contour map fish points, secondary points and drop offs. I have noticed the bass have seemed to pull off the shallows and are in deeper water. I was out there 2 weeks ago and found most of the fish in 24 fow within a mass of submerged desert willows. I used a 6xd crank bait to skim the tops of brush
Great information here. Really appreciate the help Erich!