medina river???

I've been curious about it too. Are there any parts worth checking out right now? I just moved here last year and am wanting to learn the best local spots.

I don't know a whole lot about that river, but here is what I do know. I work over by 90 and 1604 on the South West side of town. I do a lot of fishing on my way home. Medina is a river that is close to where I work. There is a prison off 90 not far from 1604. There is access there and off 1604 itself. I have been down to both locations but I haven't gone back in a long time. When I went, there are needles laying all over the place. There are make shift hobo camps for the heroin atticts that hang out there. It's been a long time since I have been to either location so it may have changed...and I hope it has, but I did just wanted to give you a heads up.

Richard

I don't know a whole lot about that river, but here is what I do know. I work over by 90 and 1604 on the South West side of town. I do a lot of fishing on my way home. Medina is a river that is close to where I work. There is a prison off 90 not far from 1604. There is access there and off 1604 itself. I have been down to both locations but I haven't gone back in a long time. When I went, there are needles laying all over the place. There are make shift hobo camps for the heroin atticts that hang out there. It's been a long time since I have been to either location so it may have changed...and I hope it has, but I did just wanted to give you a heads up.
Thanks

Luis

I went about 6 months ago off 90 & 1604 and it was terrible. Pretty good fishing but dirty and possibly dangerous. Not going out there any more

Does anyone know. Anything about medina river..
Medina River Natural Area starts at Hwy 16 south and follows the river for several miles. There are 7 or 8 fishing spots on the Rio Medina Trail and more along the Chaparral Trail toward Applewhite and Jett Road. The park is very clean and safe. No one seems to know about this park - it even has camping...