Millers Pond

Took my son out to millers pond in search of some trout. Instead we caught this slimy booger. Fought him on 4lb test for a good while. Sure was fun. Caught a few cats but no trout. Maybe nest time.

Attachments

Fishmaster150

Moderator/pro staff "AnytimeOutdoors"
Staff member
Nice job that's one happy boy I'm sure. Gave him a much better fight than a stocker trout I bet. Lol

BUMMER NO TROUT . like you said y'all wanted but thats still super awesome that your little man got something ive always wanted to swipe up out of the water at Miller's pond. Let me know what you were using for bait in an attempt to land a couple trouteroos?

Took my son out to millers pond in search of some trout. Instead we caught this slimy booger. Fought him on 4lb test for a good while. Sure was fun. Caught a few cats but no trout. Maybe nest time.
Cool.........must of been awesome on 4 pd line.I'd fish for carp all day if i knew where they were at(larger ones)and what they would bite on.Buddy of mine told me about how a few yrs back he'd catch them at Espada on a mixture of Big Red & Wheaties..........

Jabney86

Cool.........must of been awesome on 4 pd line.I'd fish for carp all day if i knew where they were at(larger ones)and what they would bite on.Buddy of mine told me about how a few yrs back he'd catch them at Espada on a mixture of Big Red & Wheaties..........
My dads old formula, he used to roll it up into grape sized balls around the hook and he'd catch hefty carp.

I've heard rice crispies big red and peanut butter. We caught this big one on a can of sweet corn mixed with garlic pwder. My son poured the whole bottle in our Baggie....lol

Man what the hell SOUTHSIDE LIONS PARK HASN'T forked out any trout either...If anyone has any info please hit me up. I've been wanting to go with a buddy of mine. Ive never been able to fish for TROUT here at one of the ponds in SATX...AND CATCH. if anyone can hit me up with some useful information. ..id greatly appreciate it & be happy to hook you up with advice or info or setting up some rods and reels + tackle for you.... THANKS AGAIN

-My Reel Pole Line Weight Hook Bait =
Fish on-

Nice Catch!! Question here, Do you know if they've restocked the pond with catfish again? Last time I went there no one was catching anything, I've been wanting to go fishing but College is killing me atm

It's usually the same faces I see. Cat fishing has been slow and still haven't hooked a trout yet. I've seen a kid catch a few cats using a bar of soap called zote. There is an older gentleman that always has a stringer. Imagine he has a chest freezer full of cats. Whatnare you using for bait?

I usually have good look at Millers for cats but i dont think it has been stocked in a while. If someone wants to post the stocking schedule that would be awesome!

i caught one trout the day after they stocked it last, i was using orange powerbait, i saw one other guy catch one trout but that was it, i think everyone else was fishing for cats, i saw a guy with a nice cat the day after that around 9 am. while i was fishing for trout there though, i noticed that those big black birds with the long necks forgive me for not being able to name them, around 12 of them were in the very center of the pond, and they were coordinately diving completely under water searching for fish, they were completely submerged for around 20 seconds and they were all coming up with trout, i would say in 10 minutes they probably ate 10-15 fish, and i thought well thats where all the fish go, another guy was saying the same for southside lions, i went there last weekend and didnt catch anything

Jabney86

i caught one trout the day after they stocked it last, i was using orange powerbait, i saw one other guy catch one trout but that was it, i think everyone else was fishing for cats, i saw a guy with a nice cat the day after that around 9 am. while i was fishing for trout there though, i noticed that those big black birds with the long necks forgive me for not being able to name them, around 12 of them were in the very center of the pond, and they were coordinately diving completely under water searching for fish, they were completely submerged for around 20 seconds and they were all coming up with trout, i would say in 10 minutes they probably ate 10-15 fish, and i thought well thats where all the fish go, another guy was saying the same for southside lions, i went there last weekend and didnt catch anything
Comorants is the name of those dastardly winged fishermen with long necks. They'll deplete a pond's fish population faster than you can catch one.