Monthly bank fishing contest?

irishthunder50

Staff member
What is everyone's thoughts on a monthly bank fishing contest? Would like to do one with first place getting a metal rod holder every month. Contestants post a photo of fish with that months code word and moderators vote on the best fish each months. What's everyone's opinions on this as well as rules for it?

TuN3R

Administrator
Staff member
Ye i have something in progress i will fill you in soon about it. Give me few days to put some announcement stuffs ready .

irishthunder50

Staff member
Sounds great. Lets see if we can get a couple more sponsors/people on board so we can have 1st-3rd place winners. Do you believe we can get this started so we can kick this off in November?

TuN3R

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds great. Lets see if we can get a couple more sponsors/people on board so we can have 1st-3rd place winners. Do you believe we can get this started so we can kick this off in November?
Well let me know when you have some free time to drop line during evening time ...we will catchup n talk.

Fishmaster150

Moderator/pro staff "AnytimeOutdoors"
Staff member
I mentioned this kinda idea last year to tuner. But with multi species and from boat or bank. Id be intrested. Looking forward to some sort of compitition. Lol

irishthunder50

Staff member
Yea. I figured since I can build rod holders at work that it would make since to have a monthly bank fishing contest. Great way to get more traffic on the site. Just dont know how to determine a winner. Was thinking moderators could vote on the winner every month

TuN3R

Administrator
Staff member
While running any kind of raffle or contest there are legal issues attached with it like liability etc . So to put it in other words what i plan on doing is Monthly Giveaway !! Rules pretty simple we will give them code word which they have to post with word next to fish .... Share our site on their FB wall if they have one ....Make sure to complete their Profile information ...Make sure to post atleast 2 fishing report within one month giveaway deadline just to qualify .

This might bring some more activities . We will also enable Subscription for vendors monthly fee /donation system - Members own will as next month starts .

For first giveaway i am still thinking what should we buy budget is like $50 for first month !!

On the line :
I have talked with scott for Guide Trip giveaway as well - for one month atleast
A&J Outdoors will be in on it too with us !
We will also have Fin Addict Apparel package for another month and so on . .....

I will need help from our active staffs so we can take community to another level .