Need some ideas on where to go

I just picked up a Jon boat on monday, got my Tx #'s tuesday and working on getting boat rigged all week.... kinda want to hit the water this weekend and try to land a few bass.... Ideas on where to go would be great... Also a heads up on what bait to use there would be really awesome too

KMHendu

Do you have a motor or at least a trolling motor for your jon boat? If just trolling motor I suggest you have 2 batteries on board with you. One for backup. Now as for fishing spots close to Selma, i would hit up either Dunlap or Meadow lake. If Dunlap go early as it gets plenty of jet skis and pleasure boaters on it. Lake placid too. Use your confidence baits, and you will catch a few on any of these bodies of water.

Do you have a motor or at least a trolling motor for your jon boat? If just trolling motor I suggest you have 2 batteries on board with you. One for backup. Now as for fishing spots close to Selma, i would hit up either Dunlap or Meadow lake. If Dunlap go early as it gets plenty of jet skis and pleasure boaters on it. Lake placid too. Use your confidence baits, and you will catch a few on any of these bodies of water.
Yes, have a trolling motor and plan is to run two batteries, just in case..... im not real worried about close to selma, dont mind traveling for good fishing.... im almost 40, but when i was a teen & early 20's i dominated medina lake with spinner baits... id love to catch some large mouth, whites or even hybrid just dont really know where to go or what to use....

Keithg

Where is Meadow Lake?? is it Kayak Friendly??? thank Keith

Erich

Where is Meadow Lake?? is it Kayak Friendly??? thank Keith
Meadow lake is part of the Guadalupe river in seguin. It is yak friendly and you can launch at RV rivershade park boat launch. 5$ to launch. You pay at trailer on left as you enter park. Google map and zoom in on river toward the dam. That's where it's labeled meadow lake.

DrErk

Meadow lake is part of the Guadalupe river in seguin. It is yak friendly and you can launch at RV rivershade park boat launch. 5$ to launch. You pay at trailer on left as you enter park. Google map and zoom in on river toward the dam. That's where it's labeled meadow lake.
I know you came asking about power boats, but for other people's general awareness, if you're launching a kayak, its free to launch. They are part of the Seguin Paddling Trail. Just go in to let them know you're putting a kayak in, and they will let you know where to park. The $5 is to maintain the boat ramp for power boat use.

KEVIN VAN ALEN

DrErk, thanks I was unaware of this ramp. There are a number of ramps, but most are private. Fished there a lot in the 70s. There is a cove called Clear creek cove on that lake,it offers some of the best lm bass and crappie action in this part of Texas. Havent fished it in many years , would consider trying it in the fall. if anyone wants to venture out there. I have The boat.

DrErk

DrErk, thanks I was unaware of this ramp. There are a number of ramps, but most are private. Fished there a lot in the 70s. There is a cove called Clear creek cove on that lake,it offers some of the best lm bass and crappie action in this part of Texas. Havent fished it in many years , would consider trying it in the fall. if anyone wants to venture out there. I have The boat.
I've only been on the lake once, and we didn't have a lot of luck. It's one of the next places I plan on bringing my kayak out to. I'd love to learn the lake better for some consistent crappie action. Let me know when you plan on going in the fall and I might tag along.

DrErk

I just
Yeah found this earlier but couldnt find directions.... thinking im going to go try it in a week or two.... i own property down the road from warton's dock where medina river meets medina lake. next trip is medina river fishing trip first part of august
Its been more than a year since I went, but I just found the same location on google maps and used that to navigate to the launch. If I remember correctly it was a $5 launch fee.