New to area - Off fridays

2W2X1

New to the area but a seasoned fisherman. Have plenty of gear and am available every Friday to fish and most weekends with the boss' approval. :D

Have a tow vehicle that can pull most any boat (2017 Ram 2500 Turbo Diesel 4x4). Happy to meet up and share a rail or bank, hitchhike on a boat (will share expenses and or tow), take out the kayaks or take you to our private pond stocked full with bass.

Let's make 2019 a fishing success.

Last edited:
I'm off on friday'salso… While it's a bit cold for me , I would be happy to show you around and also explores other places that I have been wanting to go!

2W2X1

Roland, that sounds good to me. I'm not entirely a fare weather fisherman... but I agree, its too cold and wet at the moment. But happy to go if we can catch some weather. I am out of town next week/friday though. I'll PM you my number so we can coordinate if/when the weather is good.

I live in far north SA but down to travel.

Last edited:

WD40

Cold? It ain't that cold out. :D

But then, I'm from the Pacific Northwest, and am no stranger to launching my boat on a ramp covered with ice and having to clear ice out of the guides on rods. Though I'd rather not go through that again.

2W2X1 and Roland: I'm usually open to fishing most any day that ends in a "y", so PM me sometime and maybe we can set something up. I'm really itching to get into the whites running on the Nueces, but I'm not good at launching/recovering the boat solo. If you're interested, let me know.

2W2X1

Sounds good to me WD. I'll PM you my number. Happy to lend a hand with any and all boat duties. Been around them all my life and comfortable playing deck hand in any capacity. Ran many boats out of SF Bay Area over the past 15 years and before that was in SoCal.

You can keep that ice and snow... I moved to the South for many reasons. Those two being a couple. :D

WD40

Moved back here a bit over 6 years ago. One of the reasons was cuz the wife didn't care for the two feet of snow we got on Christmas day. I guess she got spoiled when we moved here in the 90's due to me being stationed at Randolph.

2W2X1

I told the wife moving here was a good idea. No snow, no tornados. Since we moved here Sep 2017 it has snowed three times and had two tornado watches. lol.

Never saw snow here in the late 90s when I was at Lackland.

WD40

Lackland in the 90's, eh? Looks like were at different bases together. I was on the other ( NE) side of town.