Past 2 days at Canyon Lake

Sgo1986

image.jpeg

Day 1: found an area where I was catching 2 and 3 at a time! Kept drifting the same spot and picked them up every drift..
Day 2: more relaxing and fun. Attached a tube too the boat and the girl friend was enjoying the water and sun while the lines were out. Caught a 13lb blue!
image.jpeg

Attachments

TuN3R

Administrator
Staff member
Dang man you seem to always find em no matter what condition you fish in lol !! Wish the parks were open .

Sgo1986

I haven't fished for blues in awhile now.. They seem to always be a little different.. I'd probably start around 15-20ft and then go deeper till I got bites.. I drift fish. So I find areas that don't have any stumps and I drift from deep to shallow. Whatever depth I'm at when I get the first bite is usually the depth more are in. It can be different day to day on that lake.

Sgo1986

If fishing for blues, find areas that aren't too stumpy and drift fish.. If striper fishing, use electronics to find the schools.. We've had good days of top water action when the water temps drop.. As the surface temps cools those stripers start coming too the top. When a school surfaces they are hard to miss. They've been out in open water by the dam. Backs of coves are the coolest water temps so far and I saw some action in the back of a cove. Should be getting really good out there on canyon!

If fishing for blues, find areas that aren't too stumpy and drift fish.. If striper fishing, use electronics to find the schools.. We've had good days of top water action when the water temps drop.. As the surface temps cools those stripers start coming too the top. When a school surfaces they are hard to miss. They've been out in open water by the dam. Backs of coves are the coolest water temps so far and I saw some action in the back of a cove. Should be getting really good out there on canyon!
We are noobs we didnt realize we were looking at baitfish clouds till we got back

Sgo1986

I drag them.. I've done ok suspending baits.. But always do better on the bottom. I make my own snagless weights that really seem to help. Just gotta stay away from the stumps on canyon lol.
image.jpeg