Pics from Corpus/Port Aransas

EunLee

How's it going guys. Name's Eun but i go by Lee (my last name) I'm primarily a saltwater fisherman and have been since i could hold a rod.

These are our latest pics from a trip we took.

Had quite a bit of luck. Went to Reddot pier (we arrived in CC around 8-9pm) and fished for Specks and whatever else would hit a Gulp! shrimp. Got us 3-4 keeps and called it a night. Woke up early and went to the Port A. South Jetty and fished for awhile, missed a few big hits but a guy was nice enough to toss us a redfish.

We then go to the Packery Jetty and start hooking into small Blue fish and Spanish Macks. Bite dies off and we call it a night.

Next morning went to the Packery Channel and the Mullet were running and we wound up catching some of the biggest Flounder and Pin Perch i have ever seen. The biggest flounder pictured around roughly 27" and some of the pin perch easily were over 8in. It was a good morning so we came back home.

on a cool side note, i always check the contents of the stomach of fish i catch so i know what they've been feeding on. One of the pin perch had a finger mullet (whole) in it's stomach about 3in long.

we have a trip planned a week after new years so i'll throw up another report soon

Albert

???
Staff member
Welcome and nice catch. thanks for the report from the coast. What you caught the flounder on? or did you just stab it.

TuN3R

Administrator
Staff member
Nice report :) Keep them coming and welcome to SAFF.

Never been to coast for saltwater fishing . It's on my to d0 list but i have no clue where to go how to fish LoL.

EunLee

the flounder were all caught on finger mullet. Well, they were bigger than finger mullet but smaller than horse mullet. Roughly 4-5in

TuN3R the coast is always a blast but it's a lot tougher on you as a person and on your equipment. The salt in the air and water destroy everything. But if you get everything figured out....it's worth the trip

TuN3R

Administrator
Staff member
Well i do have Quantum optix spinning reels which are actually saltwater /freshwater reels . I probably will need to darg Albert out there sometimes soon and learn few things.

Albert

???
Staff member
Lee have you ever been there when a cruiser passes by and the tide goes out really quick and the fish get stranded on the sand until the tide comes back in.

EunLee

i think thats the pier by the jetty off in Port Aransas.

the pier is higher up and turns left? Cause thats one i use to go to when i was kid.

the trout fishing there USE to be awesome but it's died down due to SOOO much fishing pressure. But yes, i have seen the tide get sucked out super fast and i've seen a ll sorts of fish get stranded. We attempted to run in there and grab a few flounder we saw but the tide came back in before we could. lol

awesome report man, and welcome to the boards. i keep wanting to go down to the coast but its hard to find the time, i really want to just fork over the cash and go deep sea, ever since i saw a red snapper i really want to catch one

yo lee, nice fish bro... i fish the packery too but have never landed a flounder... where you fishing the North packery? and if so for the flounder are you fishing the surf side since they like sand? on bottom or suspended under a bobber? thanks for the help bro, i love it down there at port a we always make a few trips a year! can't wait for the next one!

I started fishing salt water when I was a kid. Loved it. This was when I lived in Houston. I'll take saltwater over fresh water anyday. If it was not fishing it was crabbing. Can't go wrong with either. Those are some great flounder in that pic!

Crazyfish73

I think i gota bite
awesome report man, and welcome to the boards. i keep wanting to go down to the coast but its hard to find the time, i really want to just fork over the cash and go deep sea, ever since i saw a red snapper i really want to catch one
duncman we went at the start of snapper season.. It's a blast!! Went ta Matagora bay(Matti) I have a friend that's a guide and enters tournament out that way..maybe next year I can set something up..

Crazyfish73

I think i gota bite
jsb91010 lmao!! Yes it's lebron jersey!! Lol not sure wher we set in at .. I remember there's a resteraunt next door dang can't remember the name.. It well known place... Went out bout 30 40 miles out... It was a blast!! We cuaght our limit within an hour... We were heading back and the fish finder lit up!!! So turned around and threw in everything we had..shrimp, pogeys,squid, everything and caught reds all day long kept a few ta burn on da grill when we got back.. This trip is what started this whole fishing thing for my son and I.. We been fishing ever since that weekend!!

Danvil

If you ever get the chance, go on a tuna run in Winter out of the Dolpin Docks in Port A. I've fished salt my whole life. This was the best fishing experience I've had...25 black fin tuna, 200 lbs of meat CLEANED, 127 miles offshore, on a boat for 36 hours with nothing to do but eat, drink, and fish. It was pretty reasonable too.

Nice report, those spanish are fun on light tackle...I toss gotcha plugs with a 12inch wire leader in the baitballs off the jetties for em...every once in a while though I get more than i bargained for when a king mackeral crashes the party....was able to pull these 2 kings in with the 2 spanish on a trout rod 14lb test from port a jetties, what a blast! was on a boat though and could chase the kings down kings and spanish.jpg