Port Aransas 2/23-2/26(Pics updated)

Albert

???
Staff member
Went to the coast with my brother and mom. So far its been good. I will post pics when I get back home.

2/23
We first went to port aransas south jetty. We caught a couple of sand trouts. Saw other people catching sheepheads. One guy pull out a 29 in black drum and a pompano. He caught other fish but I was too far to tell what he caught. It slow down so we went to the pier right next to the ferry. We caught more sand trouts. Then my brother caught a amber jack. It was 24 inches so he threw it back. I also caught some sting ray at that pier.

2/24
In the morning we had winds 25-30 mph and gust up to 40 mph. We decided to go visit all the tackle shops to see if we can get any good deals. The winds calm down in the afternoon and we decided to go to Cos-Way pier. We were there from 4pm-10pm. We slammed black drum.
Caught about 40 and only one was a keeper of 28 in. The rest were from 33in-42in. The 42 in. is my PB. Other people were pulling black drums, sand trouts, sting rays, and someone pull in a 44 in. crevalle jack. We call it night cause winds started picking up and there was a 50% chance of rain for the night.

Today we plan to go do some surf fishing and my friend going to meet us out there. I will update this post tonight or tomorrow morning with today report.

Crazyfish73

I think i gota bite
NICE!!! My family and i are going to corpus next week any good piers or spots I can try out .. Well b staying a holiday inn on shoreline

Albert

???
Staff member
2/25
There was rain in the morning so we slept till noon. After the rain we went to the south jetty in Port Aransas. My brother got skunk on the jetty and I got one good hit but I was at the car getting water. Didn't make it to the rod on time. HAHAHA! It got dark so we headed to Clem's pier. When we got there, some guy just pulled out a black drum. We stay there till a couple hours and caught sand trout and piggy perch. We then decided to go to Cos-Way. We stay till 3 am. Caught 3 black drum and lost a couple. People were catching them frequently.

2/26
We decided to go to the jetties at Packery Channel. Start slow but all of sudden sheephead started hitting like crazy. My mom caught the biggest one. We caught about 12 of them. Would have caught more but we ran out of bait so we headed home.

Will post pics tomorrow morning.

TuN3R

Administrator
Staff member
How do those sheephead taste lol ? I have seen people talking about them a lot . Waiting for pictures looks like a very good time out there .

Are you guys planning to make another trip next month ?

Albert

???
Staff member
NICE!!! My family and i are going to corpus next week any good piers or spots I can try out .. Well b staying a holiday inn on shoreline
Go to Cos-Way. Black drum should still be hitting good. Try to get the corner and cast towards the white marker. That was the hotspot this past weekend. At that same location in front of Cos-Way, you can walk/wade under the highway and try catching some trout. The 2 guys that were fishing there say that a good spot at night. I didn't try cause I was having too much fun with the black drums. The best thing to do is go on the pier and talk to the people fishing. If they are catching, just go get your rods and pay the fee. If you have a pier net, go try Bob Hall or Horace Caldwell pier. I didn't try them since I don't have a pier net. BTW there is a kingfish health advisory out so if you catch any, just throw them back. Also ask the people at the hotel where they are catching fish. You will be surprise how much info they get from other guest :D

TuN3R I might be going next weekend to rockport for the Oysterfest 2012.

Albert

???
Staff member
If you don't know were HEB are at don't worry cause you will see one either way you go. One before the ferry and one after Oso bay on 358.