Post pics of your most recent catch?

KEVIN VAN ALEN

Got a 4 lber at that big pond on Thousand Oaks Easter day,we called it The Big pond on Thousand oaks,later called it Polo Run after the apts. that have since changed their name. Not sure what people are calling it now. Just caught the one,only had 1 squarebill on me ,as I left my travel box at Brack. earlier in the day. That watermelon red magic is my favorite. Nice fish.

Got a 4 lber at that big pond on Thousand Oaks Easter day,we called it The Big pond on Thousand oaks,later called it Polo Run after the apts. that have since changed their name. Not sure what people are calling it now. Just caught the one,only had 1 squarebill on me ,as I left my travel box at Brack. earlier in the day. That watermelon red magic is my favorite. Nice fish.
Nice are talking about northern hills
Yeah I fished there a few times never pulled anything out massive but I've seen some pics of some 4/5s out of there
Great job it's always a huge rush when u hook in to a nice toad
Yeah I recently started using them I actually started using that color with the zoom ole monster 10.5 landed some big ones that one and then I picked some brush hogs up as well to see if they produce same result news update they do great out there

KEVIN VAN ALEN

O.k. Northern Hills, I lived at Polo Run for years , caught alot bass and at one time had good channel cats as they used to stock it. Used to hop the fence before all the apts. popped up. Some of Northern hills kids and teens used to fish and party there. They claimed 10s were in there and some had caught some, they said most were caught in the middle of the pond with heaving big weights or launching big popping corks with perch. Saw a 10 lb. plus caught there in 87 on a 3/4 oz. reddish gold Rattletrap back in the cove were the fountain is.

O.k. Northern Hills, I lived at Polo Run for years , caught alot bass and at one time had good channel cats as they used to stock it. Used to hop the fence before all the apts. popped up. Some of Northern hills kids and teens used to fish and party there. They claimed 10s were in there and some had caught some, they said most were caught in the middle of the pond with heaving big weights or launching big popping corks with perch. Saw a 10 lb. plus caught there in 87 on a 3/4 oz. reddish gold Rattletrap back in the cove were the fountain is.
I never realized there where giants in there
Thanks for all the info I'll have to get back out there and try and catch one those hogs

Thanks man well Im not sure how to answer that exactly but I dedicate a lot of my free time to fishing (my wife has threatened my life on a couple occasions),
what has helped me a lot has been fishing unpressured waters like golf courses or at night. That has helped me gain confidence in certain baits and myself.
Ive been trying to expand that to new techs/lures. Always trying learn more and hunt down my first 10#er
Kinda hard from the bank lol but
Hopefully I can get bass boat eventually and move up to your level
Micano,

Fwiw, there are a LOT of very nice, though 40YO, bass boats out there & that even run fine for 500.oo or less. ===> As your "friendly neighborhood cheapskate", I really like CHEAP.
(I've been offered 2 recently for FREE.)

Watch craiglist.com like a hawk & you'll find one FOR CHEAP.
(Personally, I'm looking for a late 1960s or early 1970s bass boat to match one of my several GREAT-RUNNING 40HP Johnnyrudes)

yours, satx

Last edited by a moderator:
Micano,

Fwiw, there are a LOT of very nice, though 40YO, bass boats out there & that even run fine for 500.oo or less. ===> As your "friendly neighborhood cheapskate", I really like CHEAP.
(I've been offered 2 recently for FREE.)

Watch craiglist.com like a hawk & you'll find one FOR CHEAP.
(Personally, I'm looking for a late 1960s or early 1970s bass boat to match one of my several GREAT-RUNNING 40HP Johnnyrudes)

yours, satx
I'll check into to it for sure
Thanks bro

Howdy yall outdoor geeks. Had a couple hours to kill so decided to hit the Cibolo creek in schertz. Caught this donkey about an hour ago on the wacky worm. Disappointed because I didn't realize I forgot my gopro equipment until I got there but nonetheless was still totally worth it. Been a while since I caught me a toad.

Attachments

I'll check into to it for sure
Thanks bro

Mccano,
FWIW, you might also LOOK AT a "Fish & Ski" hull to remodel into a "pure fishing boat". = I got an email from an old boarding-school chum, who took an 18 foot GLASTRON FISH & SKI hull, stripped it out inside, "cut-out" the forward deck & "windshield area" & then remodeled the interior to suit his own taste.
"Chuck" H_____________ said in his note that he paid 275.oo for boat/trailer & expects to have about 700 - 750.oo in the whole thing, once he finishes the boat/trailer/I-O Mercruiser 4-cylinder (120 HP).
(Chuck said that the I/O engine/OD needs nothing but a MAJOR TUNE-UP.)

The hull needs interior/exterior paint (in FOREST GREEN/IVORY) , new carpet & 4 "recycled"/recovered seats.
(He bought enough indoor/outdoor carpet to do the floor/interior sides for 35.oo from "a big-box store", too.)

The 4-wheel trailer needs 2 new tires & sanding/paint.

I'm looking forward to the photos of his "remodeling project".

yours, satx

Went out Friday and today
Friday caught 8
Largest being 5.11
Today Caught 14 or so
Some dinks
Most 1-3
Largest being
Caught watermelon red magic brush hog
And 6" green pumpkin senko

Attachments

Finally got a chance to do a little fishing yesterday for the first time in at least a month. Stopped by Cibolo Creek for about an hour. Saw a freaking giant Gar. I'd say at least 4-5 foot. Threw my senko out to see if I could hook the beast and I see this bass come and just demolish it. Didn't have my scale but I'm gonna say 2.5-3 lbs. Saw quite a few gar but none near as big as that one.

IMG_20170503_105031453_HDR.jpg