Red Spawn

Sgo1986

What would be classified good electronics?
I guess that is kinda decided by who is using the fish finder and their experience... I personally need the best money can buy lol. I don't have much experience with them.. I have a lowrance 4x HDI... I have seen schools of reds on it and turned around and caught them.. But other times I have no idea what I'm looking at and wonder if it even works... Some of those guide boats have fish finders as big as tv screens and know what they are looking at and can really pin point the fish. I literally had a guide troll past me and point in front of my boat and say "they are right there"... I casted and caught a fish right where he pointed. Something with Sonar is def a good start for electronics. It will show you bait balls and I typically like to fish where there's a lot of bait. Fish aren't usually too far from food. So this little unit isn't the best, but I've learned to read it somewhat.

Was thinking of doing some canoe fishing by the dam this Friday, weather permitting. Was curious how the fishing has been around the dam and if anyone else is fishing this week. Could be talked into fishing Thursday or even Saturday as well.

Znunez

How are you liking your concept A? I'm looking to get a new bait-caster but I'm torn between the new curado and the concept A. I fish mainly saltwater and have always had curados. I'm a creature of habit but I've heard great things about the Concept reels

MJ21

If you're comfortable with the Curado's, cool, but I would change it up and go with the Concept A just to see what it has to offer and change it up a bit. I have no knowledge of how reliable it is, but those that have them swear by them. Worth a shot!

Sgo1986

I'd put it up against any curado.. I think the curado that's the exact same price as the concept A isn't all that compared too those solid green curados... Those solid green are proven to be long lasting and durable.. However the concept A is lighter, and has a way better drag system. I've had it for a year and it gets used on every trip. I've caught probably around a hundreds with it and it's still kicking.. One thing to note is that with the concept a, if you use 14lb mono and a 1oz it will absolutely spool itself on a cast.. It's pretty incredible lol..

KEVIN VAN ALEN

SGO, you have my interest on the concept A. I remember the first Lews speed spool changed bass fishing alot, then more joined and the rest is history. I tried or owned most of Garcias ,Daiwa,Pinnacles,Quantams,Shakespere,Plueger,Lews,Browning, and Shimanos. Sounds like if you had enough line you could cast from the Lake Fork dam to the back of Big Caney . lol. Im fishing the Bass Champs tourney March 20th. SGO, If you dont mind if you had 3
baits to choose for 24 " in or bigger to bass fish Fork what would they be? Thanks.

Sgo1986

SGO, you have my interest on the concept A. I remember the first Lews speed spool changed bass fishing alot, then more joined and the rest is history. I tried or owned most of Garcias ,Daiwa,Pinnacles,Quantams,Shakespere,Plueger,Lews,Browning, and Shimanos. Sounds like if you had enough line you could cast from the Lake Fork dam to the back of Big Caney . lol. Im fishing the Bass Champs tourney March 20th. SGO, If you dont mind if you had 3
baits to choose for 24 " in or bigger to bass fish Fork what would they be? Thanks.
Man, that's awesome to get to fish that tourney.. Feb and March seem to be the big bass months... I've always had a Red rattle trap tied on for those months.. Fishing it over flats with grass submerged about 5ft below the surface.. I love a watermelon seed with red flake plastics. Particularly super flukes with a wide gap hook. Weightless if possible.. Idk if the summer time pattern would be on by then or not, but a chrome Zara spook is a great top water bait.. That concept fishing reel is very comparable too the quantum smoke. I know several guys that are actually trading quantum smokes for the 13 fishing reels.. But everyone has a preference of course. Hope that helps a little and good luck with the tourney.

KEVIN VAN ALEN

Thats comforting , I have those baits.My first cast in Fork was off a dock with a 3/4 oz.red rattle trap and nailed a 5 pounder, a must have in The Lake Fork red.Since have caught several over 9 lbs. with it. I have those flukes in that color and many others and if we fish slow enough I will go weightless. I will try the chrome spook as well,I have done well with Jimmy Houston baby bass zara spook in the back of Little Caney by Fiddlers Green early in the morning. green/ red flake is the go to on most plastics. You have boosted my confidence sir. Thank you .

Sgo1986

You're very welcome! Glad I could help! I used to fish caney all the time out of a flat bottom lol. Wind never gets too bad.. Especially in summer time just throwing spooks and buzz baits.. Nothing like a big bass knocking lures 2 ft out of the water. Trick is to not move the lure again until a fish hits it lol.. I know you can't use them for a tourney but bait shops there sell shiners. We'd buy a dozen and tie up to trees next to creeks and watch a shiner under a big bobber. Big bass would hit those.. Lots of fun.