s.a kayak fishing

I know where he caught them, in the mouth.lol Just kidding.Yakman, I would bet around the dam or if he tied up to the wall .It could be Grannys cove , if he caught them within yaking distance.

2"]I know where he caught them, in the mouth.lol Just kidding.Yakman, I would bet around the dam or if he tied up to the wall .It could be Grannys cove , if he caught them within yaking distance.[/QUOTE]

Yes, iv tried by the damn and no luck.. The wall is about 25 min yak. Very easy to catch reds there, although I'm looking to be pulled around on my yak by at least a 35"

Wi
Yakfishermangranny's cove. 32885 said:
2"]I know where he caught them, in the mouth.lol Just kidding.Yakman, I would bet around the dam or if he tied up to the wall .It could be Grannys cove , if he caught them within yaking distance.
Yes, iv tried by the damn and no luck.. The wall is about 25 min yak. Very easy to catch reds there, although I'm looking to be pulled around on my yak by at least a 35"[/QUOTE]
will have to try out grannys

Good choice,Grannys is called Grannys cause in the 70s a " granny" that loved crappie fishing and wanted her own hole , planted a bunch of Christmas trees in center of that cove. It worked out great and many slabs were caught. Was a great bass cove, which you could usually count on.The majority of those trees are rotted and gone.It is great for reds and an occasional hybrid striper,cause of all the ledges and contour changes. Parts of it drop and rise in depth very fast. Last red I got in there was 18lbs. on a pair of bright orange bass assasins with 1/4 oz. jigheads, anchored right in middle about 22 ft.Perfect for kayaks.

Good choice,Grannys is called Grannys cause in the 70s a " granny" that loved crappie fishing and wanted her own hole , planted a bunch of Christmas trees in center of that cove. It worked out great and many slabs were caught. Was a great bass cove, which you could usually count on.The majority of those trees are rotted and gone.It is great for reds and an occasional hybrid striper,cause of all the ledges and contour changes. Parts of it drop and rise in depth very fast. Last red I got in there was 18lbs. on a pair of bright orange bass assasins with 1/4 oz. jigheads, anchored right in middle about 22 ft.Perfect for kayaks.
Awesome, thanks so much. Sounds like a good spot to catch reds and bass. Will def try granny's cove. Although it will be a good yak trip across the lake from the kayak launch. Lol. Thanks for the info man!

Yakfisherman-Grannys is next to regular launch ramp , you dont have to put in at kayak exclusive ramp.you can put in at Grannys.Havent tried kayaking . Being 52 and a little heavy and caustraphobic , but you dont know till you try.Ive seen guys at lakes and the coast getting to waters n/a by regular boaters.I would think Dunlap and Placid would be best as you could paddle a Couple or four miles up river/lake and fish back to the ramp, crossing over as you see the best looking spots.

Jerry, where about on your kayak did you catch these 4 reds? i go to that lake many times with my yak, but never have luck. i have better luck catching them from the bank there.
Hello sir I wanted to ask you were about do you catch these reds of the bank? Because me and my dad have been there multiple times fishing of the pier with no luck what so ever. My dad used to catch tons of fish when he was a kid on private land connected to the lake but no more.

If its reds you want,, I suggest fishing on the other side of the boat ramp. there's a picnic table there(not the pavilon) and start there. Some nice fresh shad would be nice.. There's more... But I'm saving that for myself and anyone who fishes with me..

Just moved into town. Heard about that lake and I have been looking to check out that lake. I got a yak too. Message me if you are free during the week (goes for everyone).

Hey folks! New to SA fishing. Used to get stringers full of bass, crappie, brem in WV. A few walleye, muskie and cats also. I have tried several places here and so far been skunked! I have a nice spinning outfit and varied tackle. No boat as yet. Gonna pick up a bigger outfit for cats also. Just bank fishing so far. I'd be glad to meet up with anyone about anywhere around here that could use a fishing buddy and who may be able to set me on the right path to actually CATCHING a fish here rather than just wetting down a lure, lol. I'm catch and release unless you eat em and want them (and they're legal size of course). I live near Medical Center/Babcock but will drive about anywhere under an hour. Tried Calvaleres, Braunig, Live Oaks, Brackenridge and Espada so far. Headed back to Espada in a day or so. Name is Chuck. Thx!