Salado creek (different part)

I was out there yesterday trying to locate the spot with no success. Are you talking about the trail head on austin hwy and ira lee or a different location?

Went out today for a bit from
3:30 till 630
Caught 13
Some perch
Some largemouth
And some chunky spotted bass
Also I saw some carp as well as one descent size gar
Now I got figure out how to catch that gar

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Went out today for a bit from
3:30 till 630
Caught 13
Some perch
Some largemouth
And some chunky spotted bass
Also I saw some carp as well as one descent size gar
Now I got figure out how to catch that gar
Solid fish man cant wait to get out there and try it out.. for the gar they may go after a swim bait if not you could always try pitching a fly at it if there is room to make a cast. The same for the carp. They will not turn down a fly.

Thanks Yeah for sure lock your doors and take all your poles with u lol
Yeah bank access is limited but Thanks for info I'll have to work on my fly tactics

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice went there for a bit this afternoon to try and get my bearings. Parked by in the flea market, went down and quickly found out there isnt much bank at all. Ill have to keep walking the bank for an open spot.

Yeah I know
I kinda hang over the vines and off limbs to cast side arm to get to the fish from that spot u have to get creative out there with the lack of space to cast but I pitch it and side arm to gain access while hanging off trees from the banks edge most of the time
If u want let me know when your heading out and I'll put u on some fish out there for sure

AaronO

Nice man. I went out to comanche saw a few bass starting to bed up but man they were picky today. Hoping to get back out there sometime this week

Nah it's across from eisenhaur flee market and surrounding areas I also fish near Austin hwy as well and they do hit hard out there and u never know whats going to be hitting your lures either over there could be a perch could spotted or lmb it's fun

Hey guys I'm new to the forum but I happened to stumble upon this thread and decided to take a shot at this spot across the flee market. It was pretty sketchy lol, but I was able to catch my first ever bass on my first cast too!

Attachments

Hey guys I'm new to the forum but I happened to stumble upon this thread and decided to take a shot at this spot across the flee market. It was pretty sketchy lol, but I was able to catch my first ever bass on my first cast too!
Good fish! What did you catch him on?

Went out for an hour today
Caught 6 total
4 Perch
1 Spotted bass
1 lmb
Saw 8 carp out there try using corn but they were not feeding this morning kinda bs when u can see them not eat its frustrating but over all it was a good day
Never would have thought of using corn as bait. Does it work well? I want to take my god daughter fishing for bluegills and sunfish. Would you recommend that?