Stablewood Farms Pond

MJ21

I have seen this small pond from the access road coming off 90 onto 410 south. Has anyone fished there before? If so, any luck?

TuN3R

Administrator
Staff member
@MJ21 well bumping this thread now since i recently tried fishing there for about 30min caught 2 nice bass that was it . Something big came after my bass while reeling it in not sure what was it but splash was def freaking awesome . It's pretty close to me so might try it again .

MJ21

Yes and no. It is free access to anyone, there are apartments and houses close by. Pond is located in the park with easy walking distance from ur car, probably like 50 yards.

@TuN3R glad u caught something. Gonna have to make a trip there after I get out of work since I'm stationed there at Lackland. I'm curious as well what was following ur catch.

TuN3R

Administrator
Staff member
Yes and no. It is free access to anyone, there are apartments and houses close by. Pond is located in the park with easy walking distance from ur car, probably like 50 yards.

@TuN3R glad u caught something. Gonna have to make a trip there after I get out of work since I'm stationed there at Lackland. I'm curious as well what was following ur catch.
Yea same here brother one of these days when weather is little nice i plan on spending few hours trying to figure it out as well .

To all who fish these small ponds hope everyone will catch and release these fish for someone else to enjoy the sports .

Went out there this afternoon but didn't get a single bite. Not long after I got there a guy showed up with a cast net and a bucket. I didn't see what he was pulling out of there but it kinda turned me off

TuN3R

Administrator
Staff member
Went out there this afternoon but didn't get a single bite. Not long after I got there a guy showed up with a cast net and a bucket. I didn't see what he was pulling out of there but it kinda turned me off
Yea that is big issue with most local folks . That's how tom slick was ruined .

Tried it about 3 hours ago. Used some night crawlers the other half wanted ( with a bobber about 3ft deep and freelined about halfway out on the bottom)

Well.. If u like turtles.. as soon as your bobber hits the the water they all stop everything and turn into mini torpedos right at it. Had around 7 in 30 yards, was weird like robots lol...

Did manage to tossa topwater a bit but nothing. Did see some baby bass like 5 inches long around the bank though.