Still early but it's coming...

Fishmaster150

Moderator/pro staff "AnytimeOutdoors"
Staff member
had an itch to fish bad the last couple days so me and my partner invited a great friend of mine saff member @KMHendu to fish my back yard stomping grounds of Rebecca creek. I'm not the kind of fisherman to take a fishing report for more than it is that the fish were biting and I always do my of recon every we're I fish. So took a trip all the way up to the rapids in a 6 hour trip trolling and casting and most importantly watching the fish finder for signs of a whitebass run. And guess what?!! It's looking good!!! Finally after over 6 years with out a whitebass run in the guad this year is looking up. Marked a lot of scattered fish hit a few here and there and ended up with a good stringer of quality size fish for this early in the run for this area of Tx.
Once the bluebonnets start going off the bite should be on fire. Il be keeping weekly tabs ok this activity and the time to fish it will be soon. Guided trips are available.
Good times with great fishing partners is hard to beat!!!
Great day on the water.
The scenery is second to none in this area of Tx IMG_7469.JPG IMG_7471.JPG IMG_7473.JPG IMG_7474.JPG IMG_7475.JPG IMG_7468.JPG IMG_7478.JPG IMG_7479.JPG According to the GW that checked us as we were leaving our last spot trying to dip fornsome crappie about 230. We were the only boat with fish to check and life jackets on board of all the boats he's checked all day LOL. IMG_6717.PNG

Sgo1986

Very cool! I was up there today for the first time.. I made it too the first shallow spot by the house and casted around and realized it goes even further lol.. I didn't mark just a whole lot so I felt satisfied seeing all the water and knowing I can get there quicker from ramp 11 instead of 23.. I'll def be checking along with you over the next few weeks with some warmer weather. Good luck too you up there!

Fishmaster150

Staff member
Il be seeing there. Yea I ha been awhile since I've been up there and especially with a full river. The river channel hugs the shore really tight wright there and down to the rapids. Big shelf sandbars on the left hits 1' quickly if u go to far left. I broke my trolling motor bracket and bent the height adjusting bolt at that spot today. Lol bailing wire held for a couple hours. Another 6+ degs on the water temp and it will get better.

Sgo1986

Exactly... Being my first time, I took is slow, saw where it got shallow and raised the trolling motor. Whether I catch fish up there or not, I'm just happy they have a great opportunity to have a solid spawn to help the population for a couple years. I agree on the water temp.. It was cooler up there than the main lake.. We get too that 60 degree mark and a full moon and it'll be great I bet.

KMHendu

I had a great time fishing with you and Destiny as always. And I always learn when I fish with you. Thanks Fishmaster for everything.

Robert Medina

I saw you out there @Fishmaster150. I was with a buddy and we were in the kayaks. He is still learning so we didn't venture out far. Ended up with two whites off the troll but nothing else. I will be out there in the coming weeks, making my way to the rapids.

Fishmaster150

Staff member
I saw you out there @Fishmaster150. I was with a buddy and we were in the kayaks. He is still learning so we didn't venture out far. Ended up with two whites off the troll but nothing else. I will be out there in the coming weeks, making my way to the rapids.
I saw u all trolling on my way back down river. You Should of hollered hello. Lol
The rapids are a long long paddle from there up river. Good luck out there. Il see u on the water

Fishmaster150

Staff member
IMG_7488.JPG IMG_7490.JPG IMG_7492.JPG IMG_7501.JPG IMG_7500.JPG IMG_7504.JPG Still trickling. The front defiantly slowed em down this afternoon. Went for a few hours just keeping tabs. Covered some water and found some decent ones. Mostly scattered But it's coming... just may take a bit. More cold coming next week along with some rain.
Landed 39. Keep 15 nice males 12-16"s.
IMG_7509.JPG

Fishmaster150

Staff member
Great job. Looks like they are moving into river in more numbers. Wonder how the cold spell coming at beginning of next week will affect them?
Yes it may hit the pause button with to much rain or rapid drop in temp. I'm hoping that ridiculous full moon last night will help kick it in gear. The lunar phase is a powerful force in the nature world. Time will tell. IMG_7511.JPG moon was so bright at 10pm best pic I could get. Lol

Fishmaster150

Staff member
I haven't been back yet. With this rain atleast 2 1/2" rain last night on the guad. It will be muddy for a few days. They are very scattered still to far off to call it stacking and staging in the river yet. Another few weeks would be good.

Hey guys, do you know if you can walk the creek? Or are there lots of brush/trees/etc on the bank? I was planning on parking at a boat ramp and trying to walk as much of the creek as I can on of these weekends. @Fishmaster150

Fishmaster150

Staff member
There's not much public land access at ramp 11. Just right next to boat ramp. High banks and private land hinder bank fisherman here. Next to ramp is a camp ground that charges for access. And the opposite side is private access for the Nieghbor hood only.