The fish are already wet! Canyon 1/6

EunLee

Light mist/drizzle this morning so I went ahead and launched the yak and saw about 6 birds working. Hauled ass over and managed 2 good whites and a fat 22" Striper. It then slowed down and went to another section of lake and got another Striper right at 18". Called it a day early with heavier rainfall coming in

Attachments

Light mist/drizzle this morning so I went ahead and launched the yak and saw about 6 birds working. Hauled ass over and managed 2 good whites and a fat 22" Striper. It then slowed down and went to another section of lake and got another Striper right at 18". Called it a day early with heavier rainfall coming in
Very nice fish. Have not been to Canyon since bad drought and many ramps closed. I have always like to launch at Cranes Mill park there by Guadalupe River. Do you know what condition that ramp is in? Would like to get back up there but hate to drive up to find ramp not useable.

MJ21

Very nice fish. Have not been to Canyon since bad drought and many ramps closed. I have always like to launch at Cranes Mill park there by Guadalupe River. Do you know what condition that ramp is in? Would like to get back up there but hate to drive up to find ramp not useable.
According to the attached website, Canyon lake is .02 ft above full pool. Ramp should be solid to launch from.

http://canyon-tx.lakesonline.com/Level.asp

According to the attached website, Canyon lake is .02 ft above full pool. Ramp should be solid to launch from.

http://canyon-tx.lakesonline.com/Level.asp
Thanks for info. I wonder if you can still launch at the a Cranes Mill arena. Years ago that was my favorite place to launch. Good parking and nice and sheltered from wind etc. the cranes mill park ramp got so torn up after the big flood back in 2001(?) that even if you could launch, there wasn't a dock or anyway to secure boat to load passengers etc. will have to give it a try this spring.