Trout Fishing Questions & Answers

TuN3R

Administrator
Staff member

Fishmaster150

Moderator/pro staff "AnytimeOutdoors"
Staff member
Looks nice. I'm hitting cabelas tmaro for lunch brake hopefully. Spend twice more than I'd planned on. Lol.
What pound test line do u use? What brand line? What kinda rod and reel do u use for trout?

TuN3R

Administrator
Staff member
Looks nice. I'm hitting cabelas tmaro for lunch brake hopefully. Spend twice more than I'd planned on. Lol.
What pound test line do u use? What brand line? What kinda rod and reel do u use for trout?
I use Shakespear UL's mostly for gills/Trout as well as bass fishing all spinning gears . I use 4#/6# line Berkely Trilene . I am looking for 2# line for my UL atm . I got this other new Micro UL rod need to check out what exactly it is but it's freaking awesome better then those shakespears .

Fishmaster150

Staff member
UR defiantly use a good rig. And the best line. I trust nothing but Berkeley triline.
I use the same set up. I have a quantum uL real combo. But my Shakespeare is much more broken in and comfortable. I like 2 # triline. It's hard to find. I saw some at academy 8$ for a 150 yards. So I may be using 4# this year.
I've been looking everywhere for berkley power worms 3" for trout. Nobody has them anymore.
How heavy of weights do u use for UR bait rig?

TuN3R

Administrator
Staff member
They are not heavy at all ! I exactly don't know how heavy they are those weights are from last year haven't bought them .

About 2# Test line i heard you can get them at Bass Pro . It's just 10min from my place i probably will swing by there friday and see if i can find it .
New Rod /Reel - Zebco Micro UL /Quantum XS05 : This rod has performed great so far have handled 4-5pound bass easily unlucky me i couldn't land that bass just took off with hook at local pond .

Fishmaster150

Staff member
Use a hair like drag on the reel. Use ur fingers on the spool when the fish runs. Works well to tire a big fish out. We're u gona fish Saturday ? Maybe il see u out there.

TuN3R

Administrator
Staff member
Use a hair like drag on the reel. Use ur fingers on the spool when the fish runs. Works well to tire a big fish out. We're u gona fish Saturday ? Maybe il see u out there.
I should be around camp huaco and some other spots . Would love to catch a big one .

Fishmaster150

Staff member
3 of those fish came from huaco. The other white water.
I spent a lot of time on the river to find holes and runs that the fish liked.
I sight fished 2 of those fish at huaco last year. Good polarized sun glasses are a must.
And u want just enough weight so UR bait to drift naturally and just bump the bottom a speed of about3-4' a second
Down current.cover more water bump the trout in the nose instincts take over and they bite. There optomistic predaters. They have 300hundreths of a second to see smell and decide if they want to eat ur offering. Thats how they naturaly feed. Search the active fish. That's how u will find the big one.

Thank you TuN3R !
Getting supplies soon. What size of treble hooks & egg hooks ? Any ideas on a couple of lures to have on hand ?
Love that little tackle tray you have TuR3R, its on my list of gear.

I've never fished for trout.. and i'm just getting into fly fishing atm... im hoping to catch a few this year.. where and when are they stocking nearby??

TuN3R

Administrator
Staff member
What color of 3" Berkley Power Worms should I stock up ? Here is Berkley's link:
http://berkley-fishing.com/products/soft-bait/powerbait/power-floating-trout-worm
If I can't find at Cabelas or Academy, I'll try Amazon (I have amazon prime-so free shipping)
Orange go to cabellas or academy nearby they should have them on stock at the moment . Academy might not have it always tho .

Check second or third links on first post about the type of hooks i use and size etc is in there with pictures . Don't use treble hooks . Trout are sensitive and jerk alot once hooked which will mess their mouth .

Is there a few good lures I should have in my tackle ? A pic or link so I can have an idea on colors/size etc. I'll be getting supplies next week I hope.