Wading Specks out in Baffin Bay

Take.me.fishin'MI.Girl

Staff member
STCA Member
Stayed awake all night, and after being awake since 8am tues; I left SA for Kingsville on weds am at 2a to meet some buddies and fish Baffin Bay before sunrise. Launched the boat, got to the spot and hopped out to wade as the sun was rising.
20160810_070310_20160814065627835.jpg

Since it was my first time wading and first time fishing for specks, I didn't really know what the bite felt like; but after my first one. I got the hang of it pretty quick, much like anything else I've tried.

Got back to the ramp about 1130a. Cleaned fish and took pics. Here's the haul.
20160810_111913.jpg

20160810_112106.jpg

20160810_112036_20160811114727037.jpg

20160810_112356.jpg
And to save the best for last....

A Classic Erika pic!
20160810_112044.jpg
...but hey, what's the point of living without having a little fun?

After getting back to where I left my truck, packed up and drove back to SA. I got back by 3p. Unpacked, showered and passed out, exhausted by 5pm and slept til 8am Thurs morning. I woke up so disoriented. :lazy::shok: I really couldn't believe I slept that long! Proof that was a great trip! Whirlwind Adventure; just like it should be. :yes:

:playboy:-Erika

Fishmaster150

Moderator/pro staff "AnytimeOutdoors"
Staff member
Very nice. It's been ages since I went that far down the coast and i see the trout fishing is still fantastic!!
Congrats conquering the saltlife...

Take.me.fishin'MI.Girl

Staff member
STCA Member
Thanks all! Work has been slow, so I figured might as well try some reel saltlife time. And I never can turn down an opportunity for a good adventure. Lots of fun!! Always gotta be learning something new. And apparently I'm a baitcaster snob now (according to my fishing buddy). Don't think I can ever go back to spinning since I learned how to use one. Lol

WOW... I wish I could make myself find the time to get in the salt water. Got the right boat and everything I need but the time. Those are some awesome trout way to go!

Thanks all! Work has been slow, so I figured might as well try some reel saltlife time. And I never can turn down an opportunity for a good adventure. Lots of fun!! Always gotta be learning something new. And apparently I'm a baitcaster snob now (according to my fishing buddy). Don't think I can ever go back to spinning since I learned how to use one. Lol
"Baitcaster snob." Lol! What reels are you using out there?
Steven

Take.me.fishin'MI.Girl

Staff member
STCA Member
"Baitcaster snob." Lol! What reels are you using out there?
Steven
I only use one rod and reel now and it goes everywhere with me lol fresh, salt whatever where ever. I just rinse and clean it really well after a trip...skeet Reese victory 10+1, 7.0:1 and a 1pc 6'10 MH fast or extra fast action rod (depending on which one I'm feeling)

Robert Medina

I only use one rod and reel now and it goes everywhere with me lol fresh, salt whatever where ever. I just rinse and clean it really well after a trip...skeet Reese victory 10+1, 7.0:1 and a 1pc 6'10 MH fast or extra fast action rod (depending on which one I'm feeling)
I love that reel!!! I have the same one and its so smooth. I have it paired with a 6' medium action rod. Perfect for small lakes/ponds and rivers. I'm sure if I pair it with a larger rod I could use it in bigger lakes and salt. Glad to hear that it did well out in the salt.