Want to fish a tourney

I Have been wanting to get out and get in a tournament for a long time Now and the only thing holding me back is that I do not,have a boat. I consider my self a pretty Damn good fisherman and want to put real skills to the test. Is there any one on the forum that has a boat and does LMB bass tourneys???? I can pay whatever entry fees get the beer or what ever needs to be done. I just want to win a tourney!!!!! Please someone help,me out!!!#

If you can get your hands on a kayak there is one at rebecca creek on the 13th.. add k.a.s.a (kayak anglers san antonio) on facebook they are throwing it.... $25 entry fee

But honestly I'm really wanting to get on a real boat and get out there with somebody and I know that I can really do some damage. On the fish of course not on the boat lol

Erich

But honestly I'm really wanting to get on a real boat and get out there with somebody and I know that I can really do some damage. On the fish of course not on the boat lol
Maybe try TTZ TEXAS TOURNAMENT ZONE. On there forum page sometimes people will have an open back seat. Or you can post that your interested. There is a tournament on Dunlap this Thursday.

Hahaha yeah i saw that and chuckled, but I can see how most ppl that haven't had success or even gotten to experience fishing from a kayak would doubt.... It's sorta like bow hunting, once you have felt the rush of actually stalkinf up on your prey within 20 yards and demonstrating perfect shot placement, its hard to go back to sitting in a blind over a feeder 150 yards away with a propane heater on..... but to each their own...
Crasycarlos if i hear of anybody needing a teammate ill let you know

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

WD40

@bamabreeze - I'm totally with you on the bowhunting rush. I got addicted my first year out hunting on Camp Bullis back in 1991.

@crasycarlos - I wouldn't mind trying a low-level tourney some time, but my boat isn't one of those low-slung, 70+ MPH beasts. I haven't targeted LMB around here for a while, but I think I still remember the basics. If you find a tourney that allows smaller (18.5 foot, 115HP) boats, shoot me a PM and maybe we can work something out.

Hahaha yeah i saw that and chuckled, but I can see how most ppl that haven't had success or even gotten to experience fishing from a kayak would doubt.... It's sorta like bow hunting, once you have felt the rush of actually stalked upon your prey within 20 yards and demonstrated perfect shot placement, its hard to go back to sitting in a blind over a feeder 150 yards away with a propane heater on..... but to each their own...
Crasycarlos if i hear of anybody needing a teammate ill let you know
I have fish from a kayak a couple times had success each time it is a whole lot of fun being in the yak being that low tothe water. But I really want to get on a bigger boat where I can sit in that little chair in the front. And be able to fly to different parts of the Lake in no time vs paddling. Not trying to dog on the kayaks I'm actually looking to buy one here sometime soon.

@bamabreeze - I'm totally with you on the bowhunting rush. I got addicted my first year out hunting on Camp Bullis back in 1991.

@crasycarlos - I wouldn't mind trying a low-level tourney some time, but my boat isn't one of those low-slung, 70+ MPH beasts. I haven't targeted LMB around here for a while, but I think I still remember the basics. If you find a tourney that allows smaller (18.5 foot, 115HP) boats, shoot me a PM and maybe we can work something out.
There are no size restrictions on boats. You're welcome to fish out of a john boat if it had a sufficient way to keep bass alive and healthy.

Carlos check out www.thursdaynighters.com

Seguin Bass club does a Tuesday night tournament every Tuesday except the first one of the month. That's their meeting night. I just found out they were having it went out there told them I wanted in and they said pay at the weigh in. Any size boat. They swap out between placid and meadow I think the hours are 5:30-8:30 if I remember right.

KEVIN VAN ALEN

If I was younger and/or better shape yak would be in my arsenal ,I have a real boat and have caught bass 2-3 ft. from my boat. I can stand , sit,.drive, sleep, have livewells, plenty of storage,go fast,troll etc....nothing will replace that.

The guy that fishes a lot with me had just bought a yak before we started to fish together pretty regular. Hes went several times with me now wants his own boat. I think its similar to probably motorcycle riders. When I get on a lake at sunrise and the water looks like glass I get off on putting that throttle down and going as fast as it will go.